Windows 10: Set "Type here to Search" in Windows 10 21H1 to use my Firefox Browser

Discus and support Set "Type here to Search" in Windows 10 21H1 to use my Firefox Browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ..not Edge? I know it can be done, and I had it that way before I did a Factory Reset. I also had saved the directions link, but I deleted it as I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Goldengirl52, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Set "Type here to Search" in Windows 10 21H1 to use my Firefox Browser

..not Edge? I know it can be done, and I had it that way before I did a Factory Reset. I also had saved the directions link, but I deleted it as I had too many links saved, to my liking anyway. Does anyone here know how to set that up as I cannot find the website I found the answer on now? Thanks for any help, so appreciate it. I did go through your tutorials and "searched" for answers but only found info on changing default Browser which I am already familiar with, but that doesn't change Edge from sticking like glue to that bottom, left "search" area

:)

Goldengirl52, Aug 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 will not permit me to select Firefox as my defaut browser.

this option does not help as Firefox is not in the list of browsers to select

JuneDeGarmo, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 will not permit me to select Firefox as my defaut browser.

Hi Walt,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I would recommend you to select the different browser as default browser and try selecting the Firefox as you default browser again.

• Type default on the Windows search bar and select Default programs.
    • Now click on Set your default program and select the browser.
    Hope this works. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Set "Type here to Search" in Windows 10 21H1 to use my Firefox Browser

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Set "Type here to Search" in Windows 10 21H1 to use my Firefox Browser

1. Set "Type here to Search" in Windows 10 21H1 to use my Firefox Browser - Similar Threads - Set Type here

2. Type Here To Search

in Cortana
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  3. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  4. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Type here to search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Type here to search: It seems after a recent update, not sure which, the "Type here to search" space is white with a dark gray line through it. I use the dark theme so it is usually all dark gray. It will go back to all gray when I click or drag the pointer over the area. I would upload a pic of...
  6. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  7. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  8. Windows Search Type here to search

in Cortana
    Windows Search Type here to search: Windows Search Type here to search not working I have re-indexed search I can't get the mouse bar to stay in the search space. Mouse works everywhere but not in the search box. It seems that it is greyed-out. Help...
  9. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  10. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"