Windows 10: Set 'Unread' to Default?

Discus and support Set 'Unread' to Default? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10's Email Client, You can choose to display 'Unread' messages only, but I don't see an option to enable it by default every time I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MindfulWalk7185, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Set 'Unread' to Default?

In Windows 10's Email Client, You can choose to display 'Unread' messages only, but I don't see an option to enable it by default every time I open the app. There's no way to do so?

:)

MindfulWalk7185, Nov 1, 2019

2. Change email app to default to unread view

Every time I open the email app it defaults to the "all" view. I cannot find any settings to change this, but it would be better if it defaulted to the "unread" list instead. Is there any way to change this?

Also if I open an email from the unread list then return to the unread list, it would be nice if the list got updated to remove the item I have just read. Currently it doesn't refresh the list.

Les Ferguson, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Change email app to default to unread view

Hello
    Les Ferguson,

You cannot set the default view that you want to see each time you open your email App. Also for the update on unread list after viewing a email from unread list and returning unread list it's only possible by either hitting Sync action or swipe to left
    or right and return to unread list view.

If you have feedback on improving these features for more productivity and easy to use you can leave your Feedback here

Windows Phone Feedback

If my reply solved your issue please click it as Found Helpful / Mark it as answer.

Vamsi Thota, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Sheena M. Win User

Set 'Unread' to Default?

Can I make the email app default to the unread mail folder?

Hi Les Ferguson,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

According to your post, you would like to the Email app to default to the Unread list upon opening it.

It is currently not possible to select which folder you would like to open as default. You can submit your feature suggestion here:

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Set 'Unread' to Default?

1. Set 'Unread' to Default? - Similar Threads - Set 'Unread' Default

2. Phone link settings looking unreadable/overlapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link settings looking unreadable/overlapped: Hi!I'm having some issues with reading part of the settings menu for my phone link app. I've attached a screenshot below to show you what I am seeing. This is the only setting screen doing this, and if I scroll up, it resolves itself. Seems like a glitch has been found!...
  3. Phone link settings looking unreadable/overlapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link settings looking unreadable/overlapped: Hi!I'm having some issues with reading part of the settings menu for my phone link app. I've attached a screenshot below to show you what I am seeing. This is the only setting screen doing this, and if I scroll up, it resolves itself. Seems like a glitch has been found!...
  4. Default Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Settings?: Hi, How do I reset my Laptop colours back to original specs? Cheers, Keith 184158
  5. Default setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default setting: Someone changed all my desktop, icon, and font size/ setting. I just want to get them back to default. Is there a way to do that without resetting the computer, I have programs I can't lose on there?...
  6. Default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default settings: I want to use Canon Digital Photo Professional as my default photo handler. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/2ddfa9de-4cbc-4b9b-bf91-24c81ed6adfb
  7. windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default: Hi all, For the first time I'm using W10 (ver 1909) Mail instead of other email clients. It was very easy to setup Outlook accounts but what puzzles me is how to set "unread mails" as default instead of the current "show all items in folder." Any help on this matter will be...
  8. default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    default settings: I don't know how I messed the colors in windows 10. I need to revert this to default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/d7735ed9-3af1-4d64-bf5b-61c961477627
  9. default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default settings: how do I make chrome my default browser in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/3c5f0acb-ec83-43b9-b697-c9869e1fff88
  10. Unreadable Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unreadable Photos: Hello Microsoft Community! I ran into a bit of a problem and I have no idea how to handle this situation... I need your help please! Recently, I tried to move my pictures from file explorer to the photos app so that they would just be in one location rather than dispersed...