Windows 10: set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to

Discus and support set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a VHS to DVD machine. It does copy VHS movies to DVD-RW discs. I used a pack of Sony DVD-RWs and now I am out - it's been a long lockdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimTraverse, May 28, 2020.

1. set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to

I have a VHS to DVD machine. It does copy VHS movies to DVD-RW discs. I used a pack of Sony DVD-RWs and now I am out - it's been a long lockdown period. I got a spindle of Verbatim DVD-RWs and put them in the machine and they do not work. On the computer, I was able to set these up "mastered" with a CD/DVD player so they could be used in my machine. Now at least the machine sees the disc, but doesn't want to copy the VHS movie to it. no the movies are not copy protected. Anybody know what to do?

:)

JimTraverse, May 28, 2020

2. Help with Copying DVD's made from Home VHS Tapes

We purchased a VHS/DVD Recorder to convert our old home movies from VHS to DVD. We completed the project in 2014 and now family members want copies of the disc and I would like to be able to edit them and make copies for them to have since the old VHS tapes
    from the 80's are falling apart.

I have Windows 10 and know they do not support this any longer so I am asking, as a 66 year old grandmother, what is the best software that I can purchase that will allow me to copy the DVD to my computer, edit the grainy areas out and then make a duplicate
    of the DVD for my family members. I have searched, as the Microsoft Virtual Assistant has told me to do to find a program but frankly, they all look too complicated. I don't need anything that will make a big production, just copy over the already burned
    DVDs, edit them and then burn a new one for my 2 daughters and their families.

I have read some of the suggestions from older posts for free software but my antivirus always warns me that there is a virus or malware attached to them.

I am willing to pay to get the software, hopefully around $30 - $50 but do need something that is easy to do and that will meet my needs and easy to understand.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. My sister lost her son and I have DVDs of him when he was young and she would like to have one for her own and right now, the VHS tape that is was on is destroyed from heat and being 30 years old.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Darlene1121, May 28, 2020
  3. PeggyDodd Win User
    VHS tapes copied to a dvd video editing software? Windows 10.

I had some vhs tapes copied to a dvd. It now needs editing. Can I do that myself in Windows 10? It is personal video, not copyrighted.

Old title: Editing dvds.

PeggyDodd, May 28, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to

VHS tapes

Does anyone still use VHS tapes? I've pretty much been using DVDs for at least the past 3 years of my life. I realized this today... the story goes like this:

A day or two ago, I watched Decoding the Exodus on the History channel. My family is relegious so I decided I would acquire this show and hand out copies to my family so they can watch it as well. I gave it to my mother, 2 of my 3 uncles (I should probably make a copy for my other uncle) and my grandmother. Out of all these people, guess who doesn't have a dvd player? Grandma. heh.

Since I've been using DVDs for so long, I didn't have any blank tapes, the only VHS tapes I have are 3 tapes of Red Dwarf that my dad made off of PBS, and a tape I found that my late grandfather made for me of The Predator. My mom didn't have any blank tapes either, niether did grandma. I went to wal-mart today to get some VHS tapes (I needed dvds and a can of compressed air anyway). I tried taping the DVD over to VHS on my dvd/vhs player, didn't work. I had to use the living room setup which has a dvd player and a VCR seperate and recorded it that way.

Long story short I was totally blown away by using these VHS tapes today. We've come so far in technology with the DVD. It took me an hour and a half to record Decoding the Exodus from a DVD to a VHS because a VHS cannot be burned, it HAS to be recorded real-time. It takes my about 5 minutes to burn the hour and a half movie in DVD format (came out to be around 2.62GB) with my computer's DVD burner and the Free Studio program, but the VHS had to be recorded in real-time, which took about an hour and a half. DVDs are so much more convienent; they can be burned, so they don't have to be recorded in real time. They hold more data than a VHS tape at VHS quality level, and at DVD quality level, anyone can easily tell the difference between a VHS and a DVD.

Now I think it kinda sucks that I can't record on my VHS/DVD player combo. It has a recording feature for the VHS player, but the only input it has is composite on the back and composite on the front. The only way I can record off a DVD with it is to use my PS2, but I'm using a component cable for it so I would have to fish out the composite cable for it and do it that way. It won't record from it's dvd player to it's vhs player. It doesn't have coaxial cable either, or I could pipe TV through it... can't record TV either. I'd have to do it on the VCR in the living room.

/very long story
    So does anyone still use VHS tapes today?

Thema:

set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to

1. set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to - Similar Threads - set dvd disc

2. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  3. VHS to DVD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    VHS to DVD: Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common...
  4. VHS to DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VHS to DVD: Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common...
  5. VHS to DVD

6. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10: I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-vhs-tape-to-dvd-windows-10/1c900507-fbbe-4069-844f-02de0629dca3
  7. how to erase a DVD + rw disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to erase a DVD + rw disc: I would like to create a new copy of my previous system repair disc. However, this requires me to erase the disc. Before, this option was available by "right-clicking" the DVD disc in “This PC” & selecting "erase". Now, there is not any option to "erase" the DVD+RW floppy...
  8. Trying to use Diamond VC500 to convert VHS tapes to digital

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to use Diamond VC500 to convert VHS tapes to digital: Hi there just purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10. My real reason is to capture old footage and create digital memories for my family. I purchased the VC500 and installed the relevant software PowerDirector 12 and EZgrabber. I have not managed to get the software to...
  9. EASY CAP for VHS tape

EASY CAP for VHS tape: EASY CAP for VHS tape functions for my windows 10 . I have checked the driver and it is fit. I have checked the properties for compatibility and there is no problem with compatibility. the audio voice is fine and the video is shown but the video is dancing right and left....
  10. VHS Tape Conversion and Capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VHS Tape Conversion and Capture: Looking for best way to download and store old VHS videos on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhs-tape-conversion-and-capture/df4723eb-1d97-4256-9528-5e081fb993db"