Windows 10: Set up a laptop as an e-reader

Discus and support Set up a laptop as an e-reader in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have converted several of my subscriptions to digital. I used to read these publications in the evening in my lounge chair and I'd like to resume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Judy in Texas, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Set up a laptop as an e-reader

I have converted several of my subscriptions to digital. I used to read these publications in the evening in my lounge chair and I'd like to resume that habit.

Concurrently, I upgraded my travel laptop to a fantastic Dell 7470 (retired from its first job elsewhere) which has a touch screen and fantastic resolution.

It occurred to me that I can meld these. I have avoided the Windows 10 Tile interface to date and have no idea how to use it.

So, what is a good way for me to learn about using the interface, now that most of the sites have taken down their basic introductory tutorials, and what hints would you have for me? I'm thinking I'd just stick each web link in a tile, so it could be clicked on and there would be the publication. The web sites allow me to stay signed in.

I would love to have any advice you can share.

:)

Judy in Texas, Mar 1, 2021

2. Windows Birthday Edition not talking to E-reader

Hi Carmel,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you try connecting the E- reader to different USB ports and different computer to check whether its working?
    • Do you hear any sort of sound when you insert the E-reader?
    We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the
      search option.
    • Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Set up a laptop as an e-reader

Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Arun, I have followed your instructions and so far it works OK.

Thanks for your help!

JennyYehYeh, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Set up a laptop as an e-reader

1. Set up a laptop as an e-reader - Similar Threads - Set laptop reader

2. Any good e-book readers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good e-book readers?: I mostly use the icecream reader to read my stuff, however since it doesn't show greek letters it hinders my ability to read some math books for university, so do you guys have any e-book reader that doesn't suck? submitted by /u/ingsocks [link] [comments]...
  3. Setting up e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up e-mail: Having trouble setting up e-mail on new computer. I have mail accounts, a RR and a gmail. I set them but no mail gets through. Do I have to buy Microsoft 365 in order for Outlook to work?...
  4. Kobo mini e-reader N705

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kobo mini e-reader N705: Hi, my kobo is discontinued, and says to download kobo app on pc to download books on my mini. I have the books on the pc, but says my mini and pc are two different accounts, and wont let me sync. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  5. Problem setting up my e mail

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem setting up my e mail: Bought s new dell laptop in setting up my microsoft e mail it calls for a micro e mail @ outlook.com acct. I have an microsoft hotmail .com acct from old pc i would like to link both accts and have only one e mail acct i a'm a senior in my 80s and not sure how to do this i...
  6. scan to e-mail set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    scan to e-mail set up: I am trying to set up scan tom e-mail on my printer. It requires smpt server and smpt user Id and smpt passwords I contacted att for these and entered the values they gave but no go. I may need to enter the system administrator and enter or ajust the settings there. How can I...
  7. Setting up an e-mail

Setting up an e-mail: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  8. setting up an e-mail account

setting up an e-mail account: I'm trying to get e-mail's from another account onto my computer, when I enter the info username and password, which I know are correct I have an error code: 0x80004005. The e-mail is working fine in outlook on a different PC, but I'm trying to get it to work with the mail...
  9. Kobo E-reader not recognized by laptop since Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kobo E-reader not recognized by laptop since Windows update: It's not the USB port nor the Kobo. when plugging in saying connected and charging, but that's it. Nothing else happens. Is there a fix? I tried all the tips previously suggested - changing wire/usb port/updating drivers...
  10. Nook e-reader - connecting to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nook e-reader - connecting to network: I own a Nook e-reader. This will connect to my WI-FI network and is, indeed, connected to it. However, my PC cannot find the Nook on the network. Can anyone help, please? 82233