Windows 10: Set up a local account.

Discus and support Set up a local account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Grandpa Jim, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Set up a local account.

I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time I've tried I've only managed to replace the MS account. I'd like to be able to switch between them. How do I accomplish this?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Oct 5, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Set up a local account.

Cannot switch to local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Set up a local account.

1. Set up a local account. - Similar Threads - Set local account

2. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  3. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  4. Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account: My Wife got a new computer and when i set it up I logged into my Microsoft account. Now it brings up my name and not hers and it is switching pictures between the two computers. How do I get my account off set it up for her?...
  5. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  6. Can't log into local account after setting up onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log into local account after setting up onedrive: Hi, I have always been using a local account on my computer (not a Microsoft account). Yesterday, I setup OneDrive and Office 365, and I singed into both with my Microsoft account. Now, every time I log in (using my local account username and password), it tells me I...
  7. Is it possible to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin ...

Is it possible to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin ...: Is it possible to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin account on todays new modern Windows 10 computers? Yesterday I set up a new Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL laptop Windows 10 Home Usually I like to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin account and the...
  8. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  9. Should I set up a Local Account on PC as well as a Microsoft Account?

Should I set up a Local Account on PC as well as a Microsoft Account?: Hi, I sign into my PC with a Microsoft Account. What happens if something goes wrong and you cant get into the Microsoft Account for some reason meaning that you cant sign into the PC (if account gets hacked or something similar)? Is it also recommended to set up a Local...
  10. Cannot set up Local Account

Cannot set up Local Account: I can't set up a Local Account Please help. I get this error message: [img] 17819