Windows 10: Set up dump file for system failure

Discus and support Set up dump file for system failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HELP! I have been getting a number of system failures. My PC has Windows 10 Pro installed, version 2004, with 8Gb RAM. The C drive has 183Gb free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Set up dump file for system failure

HELP! I have been getting a number of system failures. My PC has Windows 10 Pro installed, version 2004, with 8Gb RAM. The C drive has 183Gb free space, and the external HDD has 438Gb free. To enable debugging how much paging space should I set up, and which dump file should I select? The next problem will be debugging the dump file, wont it?

Your help will be much appreciated by a 90 year old IT veteran - or should I say antique?

Murray

:)

MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Aug 22, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums Set up dump file for system failure :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Set up dump file for system failure [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

3. Arul_D Win User
    System restore failure windows 10

Hi Jack,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Set up dump file for system failure

BSOD Dump File Analysis

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the dump file. While we are checking the information you've shared, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Troubleshoot blue screen.

Please let us know the result after following the steps.

Ryan Fra, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Set up dump file for system failure

1. Set up dump file for system failure - Similar Threads - Set dump file

2. Dump File after system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump File after system: Hi I got the following Dump file analysis after some auto shutdowns. I also attached a screenshot of event viewer around the time of error. ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Dump File after system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump File after system: Hi I got the following Dump file analysis after some auto shutdowns. I also attached a screenshot of event viewer around the time of error. ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. Dump File after system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161: For the past 3-4 weeks, i got BSOD like one time a day and then today i got BSOD 3 times in 4 hours. In event viewer i got this error "dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. 161". When i try to look at C:/Windows/Minidump the folde is empty and no...
  6. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161: For the past 3-4 weeks, i got BSOD like one time a day and then today i got BSOD 3 times in 4 hours. In event viewer i got this error "dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. 161". When i try to look at C:/Windows/Minidump the folde is empty and no...
  7. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

8. What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file

What should I do when System indicate system failure and created a dump file: System asked if I want a full or small dump file, I proceeded with a small one. Then it asked me to share it with development. WHo and how do I proceed from here?...
  9. Reg File to Set Up a New System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reg File to Set Up a New System: After an OS is installed, it needs to be set up. In Win 7, it was easy. Two groups of settings needed to be changed, and the rest was mainly drivers and personal preferences. However, Win 10 is a mess that takes a couple hours to properly set up. So, I spent about three days...
  10. Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?: I am running Windows 10 Pro. My system is running perfectly. There are zero "Event viewer" errors on every restart. I have never had a BSOD and everything works perfectly.........but, on every other restart I am seeing "System error memory dump files" in the Disk Clean-up...