Windows 10: Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers

Discus and support Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded my main computer to 1803 and now most of my network won't connect to each other. I have two computers on Win 10 ver 1803 and two son... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CPeter, Feb 15, 2019.

1. CPeter Win User

Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers

I just upgraded my main computer to 1803 and now most of my network won't connect to each other. I have two computers on Win 10 ver 1803 and two son Win7 sp2. I can't get them to connect. they did for a while and then stopped. I have spent two days reading and checking and can't find out what seems to be the issue. One of the Win7 computers WAS connected, but today, nothing.
    Any ideas? I have viewed the videos and followed the online directions and all seems to be set as it should be, but no connection.

I keep getting a dialog box that says "Enter Network Credentials" . that stops me dead.

:)

CPeter, Feb 15, 2019

2. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Feb 15, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Feb 15, 2019
  4. GSDnet Win User

Networking computer with win 10 and win 7

I have three computers on a networked on the same switch. Two are running on Win 7 and one on Win 10. One of them is new and replaces an older Win 7 computer. All the PC's have the network discovery and sharing enabled. The Win 7 PC's are networked, but
    not the one with Win 10. Before I bought the new PC, all the computers were networked. I used Easy transfer to set up the new PC.

GSDnet, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers - Similar Threads - Set file sharing

2. Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?: I have a new laptop with Win 11 Home, and I need full access to files and drives on my Win 10 Home Desktop.1 Both computers on the same network: If I upgrade the Desktop to Win10 Pro, will I have full read/write access to those using the Win 11 Home Laptop or do I have to...
  3. Setting up network Win 10 with Win 7

Setting up network Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop, running Win7 Pro 64-bit and laptop running Win10 Pro 64-bit I would like to create a network between the two so they see each other via File Explorer Currently the desktop is connected to the Internet network via LAN while the laptop via WiFi They both sit...
  4. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  5. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  6. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network: I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it points to turning password off in Network and Sharing Centre but this is not an option on either machine. Any ideas please?...
  7. Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity: I have two desktop computers on an Ethernet Home Network. Computer 1 is a Dell Inspiron 530 (April 2009) running Windows 7, Network: L: \\INSPIRON530A Computer 2 is a Dell XPS 8920 (July 2017) running Windows 10 (build 1803), Network: L: \\DESKTOP-Q01G00A Home Networking did...
  8. Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer

Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer: Due to a power surge I recently had to upgrade my wife's Win 7 machine. She had been running an old LGA1156 mobo and when it was impractical to replace the mobo I figured why not just get her an 8th gen I3? I soon figured out that those 8th gen processors don't play nicely...
  9. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...