Windows 10: set up mouse single click command

Discus and support set up mouse single click command in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am setting up a desktop and need to know how to change the mouse from double click to single click.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bayboss 7, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Bayboss 7 Win User

set up mouse single click command

I am setting up a desktop and need to know how to change the mouse from double click to single click.

:)

Bayboss 7, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile set up mouse single click command :)

3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 10, 2020
  4. set up mouse single click command

mouse / single click settings

hello ;

where is the single click
    settings for your mouse in windows 10 ,
    not the double click settings in
    control panel , under mouse properties .

michael kondracki, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

set up mouse single click command

1. set up mouse single click command - Similar Threads - set mouse single

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  5. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click: Have a Windows 10 Pro laptop, all updates are current. I set my system to single click on for mouse. Restart the system and it goes back to double click settings. Have tried several times now and it keeps happening. This is a fresh installation of W10 in last couple weeks....
  7. Multi Clicking on Single mouse input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi Clicking on Single mouse input.: So I've tried a few things already, uninstalling mouse drivers and restarting computer, unplugging and replugging my mouse, lowering double click speed.Had previously found a few results on this issue but everything they recommended did not fix the problem.Its worth noting...
  8. how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon: How do I to set mouse for single click on desktop icon and folders? I could do it in Win7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-mouse-for-single-click-on-desktop-icon/cfffe0b6-9721-4fa2-a62f-c4c3cefa4b29"
  9. Single clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single clicking mouse: Using Windows 8 we could single click to open files etc. How do we do it on Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-clicking-mouse/510d0824-9f14-479e-9b9f-8bd879142c22
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...