Windows 10: Set Up my Pin Error

Discus and support Set Up my Pin Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/amoghrao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3igvo/set_up_my_pin_error/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amoghrao, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Set Up my Pin Error

/u/amoghrao, Oct 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Set Up my Pin Error

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Set Up my Pin Error

1. Set Up my Pin Error - Similar Threads - Set Pin Error

2. Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account: I set up a child account for my laptop in order to create a family account on Xbox to play Minecraft with my kid. The purchase was done FOR her account using the parent account but in order to add it I need to go into outlook with the parent account but I keep getting the...
  3. Setting up PIN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up PIN?: How do I set up a PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-pin/c8b64ad2-10fa-4ea3-86f4-e1e80433d2a8
  4. Setting up a PIN

Setting up a PIN: I use a password to sign on and want to change to using a PIN. I follow the instructions to initiate a session with a PIN, get to Create a PIN and a window opens that says "We are confirming that this is you" and requests my PIN. Since I do not have a PIN I cannot continue....
  5. Help setting up my pin

Help setting up my pin: I have been trying to set up my pin and every time I try to add it, it says this. I have tried deleting the "Ngc" folder and I still get this error.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-setting-up-my-pin/65b5be61-9319-429d-965f-a7cc9ac11baa
  6. set up a PIN

set up a PIN: I HAVE BEEN SIGNED IN MICROSOFT WINDOW 10 FOR FEW YEARS BUT TODAY I WAS ASKED TO SET UP A PIN TO USE IN PLACE OF PASSWORD. CAN I CONTINUSE TO USE THE PASSWORD ONLY WITHOUT SETTING UP A PIN? KINDLY ADVISE. THANKS...
  7. CAN'T SET UP A PIN

CAN'T SET UP A PIN: Hi, I been trying to set up a PIN to use instead of password but my device Dell E7450 keeps displaying the below message. "Something went wrong.We weren't able to set up your PIN.You can try again or skip this step and set up a PIN later." Please help....
  8. Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.: I do not want a Windows PIN. How do I get rid of this annoying startup notice for seting up a pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-10/8ae00aab-4e21-4ed9-b298-c2b883dcdb11
  9. regarding fingerprint and pin set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    regarding fingerprint and pin set up: I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying to set my pin and finger print ,I am unable to set it. what should I do, I tried a lot ....
  10. Trouble Setting up Pin Signin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble Setting up Pin Signin: I had to install a new hard drive and my pin has been removed. When I try to create the pin again it says I must be connected to the internet, but as you can see, I am connected to the internet. Somehow, I changed the settings and I am not sure what I did. I removed the pin...