Windows 10: Set up myself as Administrator

Discus and support Set up myself as Administrator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am the sole user of my computer and supposedly have administrator privileges but often when I attempt to do something I'm told I cannot perform the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Folkhedd, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Folkhedd Win User

Set up myself as Administrator

I am the sole user of my computer and supposedly have administrator privileges but often when I attempt to do something I'm told I cannot perform the function as it requires the Administrator to do so.How do I become "The Administrator"?

:)

Folkhedd, Jun 4, 2023
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Set up myself as Administrator - Similar Threads - Set myself Administrator

2. I can't set myself back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set myself back to administrator: I was trying to get a program to work and accidently changed my account from administrator to normal user, and now I can't change it back to the administrator and it keeps saying I need to contact the administrator to fix it, but I am the only user of the computer. What can I...
  3. I can't set myself back to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set myself back to administrator: I was trying to get a program to work and accidently changed my account from administrator to normal user, and now I can't change it back to the administrator and it keeps saying I need to contact the administrator to fix it, but I am the only user of the computer. What can I...
  4. Set up myself as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up myself as Administrator: I am the sole user of my computer and supposedly have administrator privileges but often when I attempt to do something I'm told I cannot perform the function as it requires the Administrator to do so.How do I become "The Administrator"?...
  5. Set up myself as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up myself as Administrator: I am the sole user of my computer and supposedly have administrator privileges but often when I attempt to do something I'm told I cannot perform the function as it requires the Administrator to do so.How do I become "The Administrator"?...
  6. how do i set myself as the administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i set myself as the administrator?: i am trying to set my microsoft account as admin. i can not get to the account user roles that apparently is so easy to get to in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-myself-as-the-administrator/c7fec36b-d7ae-49cb-b811-335faa420ccc
  7. Messed up Administrator settings.

Messed up Administrator settings.: I believe I messed up my administrator settings. There was a file that would not delete because I needed administrator privileges even though I was an admin. So I made the user account an admin and it worked. Now, when I try to move pictures or folders into the ones I've been...
  8. Setting Myself as Administrator

Setting Myself as Administrator: Somewhere along the line, I got taken off as administrator on my personal computer. How do I make myself administrator again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-myself-as-administrator/4f4e259f-bd2a-4c59-87ed-59a417ff98fa
  9. Can't change myself to administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change myself to administrator: About a month ago, i was doing fine with saving photos and everything, but suddenly when i tried to save a photo from the web, the computer say that i have to contact with the admin, i tried to use the active admin :yes cmd but it says access denied...
  10. how do I set myself up as administrator in Windows 10

how do I set myself up as administrator in Windows 10: how do I set myself up as administrator in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-set-myself-up-as-administrator-in-windows/ea6c61d1-c5b9-4ee6-98dd-c173071453dc