Windows 10: Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10

Discus and support Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi In Windows 10, I scan the network using the required user and file, as well as build the MB, as well as the local network settings. I can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nasserlatify, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10

Hi
    In Windows 10, I scan the network using the required user and file, as well as build the MB, as well as the local network settings.
    I can not scan the network without shutting down my firewall and even with the firewall shutting down.

please help

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

nasserlatify, Apr 17, 2021
  2. OldNavyGuy, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10

Windows Firewall automatic changes Network and File ShearingSettings

I have third party Anti Virus E scan and Firewall. So I disable Windows Firewall. But whenever I disable Windows Firewall, Network discovery and sharing settings are automatically on. same as when I Enable Windows Firewall, Network discovery and sharing
    settings are automatically set off. This is a very bizarre situation. I want to set Network discovery and file sharing settings in OFF and to continue with ESCAN Firewall. Please suggest me what should i do.

pintuchhetry, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10

1. Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set network scanning

2. Windows Defender Scan Interrupted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scan Interrupted: We have about eighty laptops with Windows 10 and Windows 11 that are all experiencing an issue with a weekly Full scan that we are enforcing with Microsoft Intune which are being interrupted because of activity. We are using Surface Laptop 4s. We are always going to be on...
  3. Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up: Why does Windows Fax & Scan in Windows 10, v.64 give a Windows Firewall pop up asking me if I want to allow it to connect to a 1 private or 2 public network? A fax is to use a phone line and not an internet connection. I have prepared drafted my faxes and await to come across...
  4. Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up: Why does Windows Fax & Scan in Windows 10, v.64 give a Windows Firewall pop up asking me if I want to allow it to connect to a 1 private or 2 public network? A fax is to use a phone line and not an internet connection. I have prepared drafted my faxes and await to come across...
  5. Setting Up Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Up Windows Defender Firewall: Good Day How do I configure Windows 10 firewall to either allow or disallow individual programmes to access the internet. Allow an app through firewall in Firewall and Network protection does not list the individual programmes that are installed on the computer...
  6. Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan: I am trying to set up Windows 10 Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem in my laptop, but my computer is connected via wifi to an HP multi-function printer that has fax capability, and the printer is connected to a phone line. Per the HP software, the fax capabilities have...
  7. Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up: I am trying to set up to send and receive fax directly from my computer, however, windows fax and scan keeps saying there is no account configured. I have used this software a few years ago with Windows 7 without complication, but I just can't seem to get this one going....
  8. Random Windows 10 network interruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Windows 10 network interruption: Hi, We're currently running Windows 10 on four of our machines here. I'd like to upgrade all the others from Windows 7, but there's a problem that seems to be occurring on every single one of the Windows 10 machines. At seemingly random intervals (>1 hour-ish) the network...
  9. BrotherMFC Scan to Network and Windows 10 Firewall

BrotherMFC Scan to Network and Windows 10 Firewall: I'm having an issue where my Brother MFC cannot scan directly to my Win 10's desktop. I had previously shared the desktop folder. This seemed to have started when I upgraded to the Creator's Update. Has anyone had success configuring the Windows firewall to allow this?...
  10. updates change network and firewall settings

updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...