Windows 10: Set up new email account

Discus and support Set up new email account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up a new email account but it keeps telling me my Shawmail account setting are out of date. I have checked my password and security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noiram7777, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Set up new email account

I'm trying to set up a new email account but it keeps telling me my Shawmail account setting are out of date. I have checked my password and security certificate and both are as they should be???

:)

Noiram7777, Oct 11, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 11, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 11, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Set up new email account

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Set up new email account

1. Set up new email account - Similar Threads - Set email account

2. I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.: I have set up a new email account and I am not receiving emails. Can you please tell me how do I get this fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-set-up-an-new-email-account-and-i-am-not/00b6eeb3-1a23-4055-b940-cca3db6a72f9
  3. I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.: I have set up a new email account and I am not receiving emails. Can you please tell me how do I get this fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-set-up-an-new-email-account-and-i-am-not/00b6eeb3-1a23-4055-b940-cca3db6a72f9
  4. I have set up an new email account and I am not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  6. Setting up new Microsoft Account

Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  7. email set up on new lap top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email set up on new lap top: I have a new lap top and I am trying to set up my email that I have on my desk top and tablet on the new lap top. I7 runing windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-set-up-on-new-lap-top/b9f359c1-a89b-442b-b762-605b8d0286fb
  8. Setting up email account on the new PC.

Setting up email account on the new PC.: i have just bought a new pc and installed microsoft office apps and want to set up my outlook account. I have an existing email which I set up on my IPAD but it wont set up on this PC. the address is @me.com. How can I set this up on my new laptop **Original Title**...
  9. New Account set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Account set up: Hello Guys, This is my main PC where everything is set up as I want it (apart from a Start Menu App issue but that's another story), I have just added my account (that is on this PC) to my wife's laptop, I've entered my Microsoft log in and password. I was on the...
  10. new email password not working in account settings.

in Browsers and Email
    new email password not working in account settings.: this has happened to me before and I've forgotten how to do this. My work email now changes my login password every 3 months the password doesn't work in my surface pro 4 settings. In the past, I've somehow had to get a windows generated password to enter in this...