Windows 10: Set up of new school laptops getting stuck

Discus and support Set up of new school laptops getting stuck in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We are trying to set up a number of new school laptops. It is getting stuck on the 'Setting up your device for work' page while doing the initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Helen Andiyapan, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Set up of new school laptops getting stuck

We are trying to set up a number of new school laptops. It is getting stuck on the 'Setting up your device for work' page while doing the initial setup.

I've tried resetting the device back to factory settings and also re-installed windows completely twice, but I'm unable to set up the account and it gets stuck at the same place every time.

We're using Windows 10 Pro.

Everyone has a Microsoft 365 Business subscription.

For the new device, I'm joining it to the organisation.

I first add the device using our main administrator login, as this creates the local admin and I don't want regular users to have this access.

I go through the authorisation steps and then it gets stuck on 'Setting up your device for work'.

This is what I see:

Device Preparation:

Securing your hardware Complete

Joining your organization's network Complete

Registering your device for mobile management Complete

Device Setup Complete

Account Setup:

Working on it...

Security policies 1 of 1 applied

Certificates No setup needed

Network connections No setup needed

Apps 0 of 1 installed

After a long time of waiting at least 30 minutes I get an error pop up saying

'Oh no! Something didn't do what it was supposed to. Please contact your IT Department'.

I get an option to try again, but I've tried this multiple times and not been successful.

I've tried restoring from factory, resting the PC and removing all files but get the same version.

Any help would be really appreciated - trying to get these devices sorted to be sent out to learners in lockdown

:)

Helen Andiyapan, Jan 5, 2021

2. Stuck when start setting new laptop

Set up of new school laptops getting stuck 5b06cfc1-6322-4411-8117-707dbc34579b.jpg

Im just starting my new laptop, and get stuck when set one drive.

Any suggestion?

IndraChandra, Jan 5, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    Setting up Exchange on Andriod with school Office 365 account

It depends if your school has blocked access for setting up on mobile device email clients. Contact your school or ask an instructor if they have a step-by-step guide to setup up on a mobile client if allowed.

bro67, Jan 5, 2021
  4. SunnyK Win User

Set up of new school laptops getting stuck

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Set up of new school laptops getting stuck

1. Set up of new school laptops getting stuck - Similar Threads - Set school laptops

2. Stuck on setting up your device for work or school

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on setting up your device for work or school: I'm stuck on setting up your device for work or school.When I load into the pc it instantly brings me to the page where I have to connect the pc to the network and on the next site theres 'setting up your device for work or school'.The pc is from my old school but I dont go...
  3. Stuck on setting up your device for work or school

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on setting up your device for work or school: I'm stuck on setting up your device for work or school.When I load into the pc it instantly brings me to the page where I have to connect the pc to the network and on the next site theres 'setting up your device for work or school'.The pc is from my old school but I dont go...
  4. Setting up new laptop but once it comes to setting up Microsoft 365 it’s getting stuck?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new laptop but once it comes to setting up Microsoft 365 it’s getting stuck?...: New laptop. All setup worked well until it came to Microsoft 365.The laptop comes preinstalled with a subscription and also Microsoft 365. I click got it and then it takes me to a plain blue screen, I’ve left it for a few hours in case it was finishing updates/ instal etc but...
  5. Setting up new laptop but once it comes to setting up Microsoft 365 it’s getting stuck?...

Setting up new laptop but once it comes to setting up Microsoft 365 it’s getting stuck?...: New laptop. All setup worked well until it came to Microsoft 365.The laptop comes preinstalled with a subscription and also Microsoft 365. I click got it and then it takes me to a plain blue screen, I’ve left it for a few hours in case it was finishing updates/ instal etc but...
  6. Setting up new laptop but once it comes to setting up Microsoft 365 it’s getting stuck?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New Computer set up stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer set up stuck: Setting up new spare Acer Swift 1 laptop. Stuck on Microsoft 365 setup. I push confirm. Screen goes blank blue.Waiting 30 minutes no action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-set-up-stuck/e5df6050-c9d6-4307-9fac-e1ca9c1a4977
  8. New Computer set up stuck

New Computer set up stuck: Setting up new spare Acer Swift 1 laptop. Stuck on Microsoft 365 setup. I push confirm. Screen goes blank blue.Waiting 30 minutes no action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-set-up-stuck/e5df6050-c9d6-4307-9fac-e1ca9c1a4977
  9. New Computer set up stuck

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. New Laptop, how long to get set up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop, how long to get set up?: Hello, I've recently acquired a new laptop and am in the midst of setting it up. It comes with windows 10 and is doing the windows 10 set up. After verifying location and keyboard layout, I connected it to my internet as requested. It now in the midst of spinning a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. helen andiyapan