Windows 10: Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

Discus and support Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Glenn GHeiser, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This computer was originally purchased and set up about 8 months ago. In all of that time since, I was never prompted to login with a Microsoft account and password as it always booted right to the desktop. Suddenly last night, it booted to the account login screen. When trying to reset the forgotten password, I noticed the typo in the email address that is displayed as the account. So now I am being asked to verify my account, but the verification cod

:)

Glenn GHeiser, Apr 20, 2022

2. Set-up Windows 10 computer using wrong email address (Microsoft Account)

Hi there, I have the same problem, and I can't even get to the desktop. I also don't have a local account option. The only option showing is my account, with the wrong email address showing. Please help, thanks

Astrid

GiliaSmith, Apr 20, 2022
  3. Set-up Windows 10 computer using wrong email address (Microsoft Account)

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Are you able to sign-in and boot to the desktop screen?

If yes, you may switch your Microsoft account to local account by following the below steps.

1. Click Start and then Settings.

2. Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.

3. Enter your Microsoft account's(wrong email address) password, and click on Next.

4. Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Now login to the new user account and follow the below article to switch back to Microsoft account by entering the correct email address.

Sign in to your Microsoft account dashboard

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Apr 20, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 20, 2022
Thema:

Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

1. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Set computer using

2. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  3. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  4. used wrong email setting up windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used wrong email setting up windows 11: used wrong email setting up windows 11keeps asking to verify but cant wrong email When try to use the correct email says already in use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-wrong-email-setting-up-windows-11/41be1467-cf5a-4adc-8507-1b410a2856c7
  5. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account: I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This computer was originally purchased and set up about 8 months ago. In all of that time since, I was never prompted to login with a...
  6. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account: I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This computer was originally purchased and set up about 8 months ago. In all of that time since, I was never prompted to login with a...
  7. Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop: I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another option is to sign-in is with security key. Any advice for this problem? Tks.....
  8. Microsoft account set up with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account set up with invalid email address: I am currently unable to log into my PC. I created my account with an incorrect email address. I have a second account with a valid email address. I have tried all of the solutions previously identified on this forum but without success. Could you please tell me how I can...
  9. Incorrect initial user set up wrong email address Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect initial user set up wrong email address Windows 10: Dear Sir or Madam, Can you please explain how to uninstall OEM preloaded windows 10 and reinstall another licenced windows 10 from memory stick. Please can you reply to my current email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Many thanks for your asistance....
  10. Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address: Good afternoon all, On my Microsoft account I have the following "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" [ATTACH] And below my "Your Info" page. [ATTACH] Now how the heck do I change *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for...