Windows 10: "Set up OneDrive"

Discus and support "Set up OneDrive" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the 'Windows Defender Security Center" program, "Security at a glance"....The 'Virus & threat protection' show an exclamation mark (!). Then below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stur2009, Aug 18, 2018.

1. stur2009 Win User

"Set up OneDrive"

In the 'Windows Defender Security Center" program, "Security at a glance"....The 'Virus & threat protection' show an exclamation mark (!).

Then below "Set up OneDrive" in a gray box. If I click in the gray box it just opens my folder in OneDrive. I have access to OneDrive...and then NOTHING! How does one proceed? Gray box does not go away and with no help!!

"Set up OneDrive" 683b3cf2-03b1-42d0-a89c-539509d8c065?upload=true.png

:)

stur2009, Aug 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 18, 2018
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

"Set up OneDrive" ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

"Set up OneDrive"

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

"Set up OneDrive"

1. "Set up OneDrive" - Similar Threads - Set OneDrive

2. OneDrive, .odt files stored locally: can I set that I am always asked if I want to save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive, .odt files stored locally: can I set that I am always asked if I want to save...: If I open and changes this .odt files stored locally I don´t access my files frome OneDrive Online, make changes and then try to close this files, I am asked if I will save the changes, what is exactly what I would expect. So it goes if I work with my .odt files within a...
  3. OneDrive, .odt files stored locally: can I set that I am always asked if I want to save...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive, .odt files stored locally: can I set that I am always asked if I want to save...: If I open and changes this .odt files stored locally I don´t access my files frome OneDrive Online, make changes and then try to close this files, I am asked if I will save the changes, what is exactly what I would expect. So it goes if I work with my .odt files within a...
  4. OneDrive, .odt files stored locally: can I set that I am always asked if I want to save...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't get into OneDrive Settings After Pausing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get into OneDrive Settings After Pausing it.: Hello,Right now I have unlinked OneDrive. I will link it again to fix this issue. I tried to stop OneDrive from syncing Electronic Arts files. One solution is to pause it and get into Settings. However, once I pause it, Setting is greyed out. How do I fix this so that when I...
  6. Can't get into OneDrive Settings After Pausing it.

Can't get into OneDrive Settings After Pausing it.: Hello,Right now I have unlinked OneDrive. I will link it again to fix this issue. I tried to stop OneDrive from syncing Electronic Arts files. One solution is to pause it and get into Settings. However, once I pause it, Setting is greyed out. How do I fix this so that when I...
  7. No Edge, no OneDrive, just Windows Settings. Inner peace!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Edge, no OneDrive, just Windows Settings. Inner peace!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SevoosMinecraft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bb3agg/no_edge_no_onedrive_just_windows_settings_inner/
  8. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  9. onedrive settings is greyed out

onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  10. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus and threat protection windows 10 set up onedrive?

2. welcome to onedrive wizard

3. windows defender virus set up onedrive

4. Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive,
  5. windows 10 keeps wanting me to set up onedrive for virus protection,
  6. windows virus & threat protection set up onedrive,
  7. virus & threat protection set up onedrive