Windows 10: Set up pin not logged in

Discus and support Set up pin not logged in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having issues signing into my desktop. It says set up pin and it won't do anything when I click it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnthonyMiranda7, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Set up pin not logged in

I am having issues signing into my desktop. It says set up pin and it won't do anything when I click it.

:)

AnthonyMiranda7, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Set up pin not logged in

pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Set up pin not logged in

1. Set up pin not logged in - Similar Threads - Set pin logged

2. Setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up PIN: I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said. But whenever I try 'set up my PIN' the screen says my user profile cannot be loaded....
  3. Set up pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin.: Hi so before I can get to homescreen i have to put my pin in.But , it says Something happened and your PIN isint available. Click to set up your PIN again. All fine bit when I press it it throws me back at the sam screen again and i have tried the safe restart thing.Any help...
  4. Setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  5. Setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  6. Set up pin not logged in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up pin not logged in: I am having issues signing into my desktop. It says set up pin and it won't do anything when I click it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-pin-not-logged-in/d0253684-9903-463f-bcca-27251a21f678
  7. Set up pin not logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin not logged in: I am having issues signing into my desktop. It says set up pin and it won't do anything when I click it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-pin-not-logged-in/d0253684-9903-463f-bcca-27251a21f678
  8. Setting up a pin

Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  9. Setting up PIN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up PIN?: How do I set up a PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-pin/c8b64ad2-10fa-4ea3-86f4-e1e80433d2a8
  10. set up a PIN

set up a PIN: I HAVE BEEN SIGNED IN MICROSOFT WINDOW 10 FOR FEW YEARS BUT TODAY I WAS ASKED TO SET UP A PIN TO USE IN PLACE OF PASSWORD. CAN I CONTINUSE TO USE THE PASSWORD ONLY WITHOUT SETTING UP A PIN? KINDLY ADVISE. THANKS...