Windows 10: Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

Discus and support Set Up questions for Surace Go 2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new Surface Go 2, which of course runs Windows 10S. I have two questions. Please note that the questions are connected in that I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Judy in Texas, May 4, 2021.

1. Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

I just bought a new Surface Go 2, which of course runs Windows 10S. I have two questions. Please note that the questions are connected in that I need to accomplish the first objective without compromising my capability to accomplish the second. First question, I don't want to have to sign in to a Microsoft account every time I use the computer. How do I do this? I will use it mainly as a tablet for reading magazine subscriptions that I am converting from paper. My husband and I will use it and I just want it to be almost as easy as picking up and opening the magazine. My previous experience is with Windows 10 Pro. I bought a used/wiped Dell laptop and loaded W10 from its saved information and was able to set it up to log in with a PIN. Since the Go is a portable device, a PIN would be a good option. I just have not read anything that says this is possible on Windows 10S, and I don't want to just start it up and experiment. Second question, at some point I may want to convert the Go 2 from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home (so I can use Firefox, notepad ++, etc.). Are there things I should do differently during my initial set up of the log in if I might go that route in the future? Thank you so much.

:)

Judy in Texas, May 4, 2021

2. Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

I just bought a new Surface Go 2, which of course runs Windows 10S. I have two questions. Please note that the questions are connected in that I need to accomplish the first objective without compromising my capability to accomplish the second.

First question, I don't want to have to sign in to a Microsoft account every time I use the computer. How do I do this? I will use it mainly as a tablet for reading magazine subscriptions that I am converting from paper. My husband and I will use it and I just want it to be almost as easy as picking up and opening the magazine.

My previous experience is with Windows 10 Pro. I bought a used/wiped Dell laptop and loaded W10 from its saved information and was able to set it up to log in with a PIN. Since the Go is a portable device, a PIN would be a good option.
    I just have not read anything that says this is possible on Windows 10S, and I don't want to just start it up and experiment.

Second question, at some point I may want to convert the Go 2 from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home (so I can use Firefox, notepad ++, etc.). Are there things I should do differently during my initial set up of the log in if I might go that route in the future?

Thank you so much.

Judy in Texas, May 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 5, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Set Up questions for Surace Go 2

1. Set Up questions for Surace Go 2 - Similar Threads - Set questions Surace

2. Boot Setting and back up Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Setting and back up Question: Hi all,I am trying to prepare upgrade to Window 11. I just found out that my Boot Manager is sitting in Disk A but Window is somehow located in Disk B. I try to changed the boot setting in BIOS to Disk B and it is not working and showing error of no boot manager. It is...
  3. 2 questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 questions: Since I have 2 questions to ask, I decided to just ask in one single post.1. I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft...
  4. 2 questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 questions: Since I have 2 questions to ask, I decided to just ask in one single post.1. I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft...
  5. Set up as organisation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up as organisation question: I need to reinstall windows on my school laptop for various reasons, now when I set up using my organisation login account will everything like my school wifi and windows activation work automatically? It is set up using my organisations Azure Domain, Thanks....
  6. Set up questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set up questions: What do I need to do to stop computer from sending gibberish to a remote unlisted printer during startup or reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-questions/fccb2b0f-27e1-425e-b9c8-7316d1ba5967
  7. Setting up 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting up 2 monitors: I have just built my desktop with Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU. I have two older monitors (but still very good) with VGA plug. I have purchased two adapters (HDMT/VGA, DP/VGA) so I can plug them in the GPU. I want to have two monitors running simultaneously for my video...
  8. 2 Questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Questions.: Hello, I was just asking some question, I'm very curious. Question 1: Will Windows 12 be released? Question 2: Can or there will be Windows 10: Gaming Edition? Except Pro or anything. Because, at this moment, I have Windows 10 and it doesn't work several games very...
  9. Set up of Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up of Surface Go: New Surface go setup, I chose the wrong language and I would like to go back to the beginning set up screen and I cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/set-up-of-surface-go/ad311833-6e5b-428f-a9f7-c5a87e1a140e
  10. Mail app set up questions...

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app set up questions...: ...new to the Mail app - Windows 10 Insider build 16241 Pro x64 Have used Outlook for years as my email client, very happy with it. A few days ago it stopped being able to send, but could receive. I checked with my ISP, COX Communications, the tech and I tried all sorts of...