Windows 10: Set up Recent items

Discus and support Set up Recent items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Set up Recent items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-recent-items/a61f5ef2-1ac7-4e19-a67e-bbd03ad8ea0e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zuletzt besucht, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Set up Recent items

Set up Recent items

:)

zuletzt besucht, Oct 19, 2020

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Set up Recent items :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Windows 10: store and display recently opened items

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and see if that helps.

a. Click on Start.

b. Click on Settings.

c. Click on Personalization.

d. Click on Start option.

e. Disable ‘ Show recently opened items in jumped list on Start or the task bar’.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 19, 2020
  4. hhag12 Win User

Set up Recent items

Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this setting not include explorer? Is there another setting that will do this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags: jump, list, recently, opened, file, explorer

hhag12, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Set up Recent items

1. Set up Recent items - Similar Threads - Set Recent items

2. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  3. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  4. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  5. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps: How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recentfrequent-items-for-apps/08e69428-de68-4d73-b0eb-525e2563285e
  6. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  7. Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar: Hey guys. Even i turning off "Show recently opened in Jump Lists or the taskbar" options on Setting my recently opened files, pictures, videos still showing when i right click the icon on taskbar. Is there anyway to force close this options? Because seems like it's bugged...
  8. Increase recent items list

Increase recent items list: I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces: Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else. How to change...
  9. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings: I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this...
  10. Recent items folder Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items folder Empty: Hi - when I first open File Explorer all the recent items are there. I've added the Recent Items Folder to the Quick Access menu using instructions I found here by opening the shell:recent window. but it always says that the recent items folder is empty.The thread across the...