Windows 10: Set up scanner on my HPLaserjet M1522nf

Discus and support Set up scanner on my HPLaserjet M1522nf in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My connection: network ->router ->printer; HPM1522nf (printer is network wire connected to router) -> PC1 +PC2 (both wireless connected to router)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tomking0221, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Set up scanner on my HPLaserjet M1522nf

My connection: network ->router ->printer; HPM1522nf (printer is network wire connected to router) -> PC1 +PC2 (both wireless connected to router)

PC1 and PC2 can print (use wireless connection to router then thru wire to printer), not problem.

ISSUE: But can NOT scan, what do I need to get the scanner working thru this connection???

Thanks.

:)

Tomking0221, Sep 4, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 4, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Set up scanner on my HPLaserjet M1522nf

bobkn, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Set up scanner on my HPLaserjet M1522nf

1. Set up scanner on my HPLaserjet M1522nf - Similar Threads - Set scanner HPLaserjet

2. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  3. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  4. Fingerprint Scanner won't let me set up my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner won't let me set up my fingerprint: I just got my new HP ENVY x360 and every time I try to set up my fingerprint it says the scanner is not connected or something and to reconnect it. please help!...
  5. Setting up all-in-one as scanner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up all-in-one as scanner.: My PC recognizes my Canon MX920 All-in-One as a printer but not as a scanner. I have the setup CD, but I can't get through the scanner setup wizard. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not....
  6. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  7. Set up scanner

Set up scanner: I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-scanner/a6c533d1-4c42-48e3-84ea-d251510b36c9
  8. Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.

Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.: Prints OK but will not scan. Have tried all the driver updates, etc. HP says buy a new printer. Has anyone made this work somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-operate-scan-on-hp-laserjet/e7809dde-da0e-4738-96f8-6237175855f3
  9. Scanner not showing up

Scanner not showing up: I have a HP deskjet printer. my computer doesn't recognize the scanner. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-showing-up/6b940f8e-d18c-4ef7-8405-e2bc38d72da0
  10. Setting up scanner SMB folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up scanner SMB folder: I am getting an error message the shared directory does not have the required permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-scanner-smb-folder/7ef16863-ae05-4865-ac3e-7d3a9c15242d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add a hp1522mf printer to my network