Windows 10: Set up scanner

Discus and support Set up scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-scanner/a6c533d1-4c42-48e3-84ea-d251510b36c9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnKAK, Jan 11, 2019.

1. AnnKAK Win User

Set up scanner

I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600.

:)

AnnKAK, Jan 11, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Set up scanner

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Set up scanner

1. Set up scanner - Similar Threads - Set scanner

2. 2 settings items

in Windows 10 Support
    2 settings items: hi forum, i usually use tutorials here but i didn't find 2 of the items in the settings, so i created account to ask here, maybe someone can help, thanks in advance. Windows 10 enterprise x64 version 1803 or 1809 (i have both) 1) Settings > Privacy > General > Show me...
  3. How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disassociate a laptop from my microsoft account and get to setting the laptop up anew: Hi knowledgeable community. Here is what I want to do. I have an old laptop and I want to completely disassociate myMicrosoft account from it, that is, to get to the setup screen. I already removed it from the list of my devices, but I am still asked to login with my...
  4. No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections: I have a WAN Miniport on my computer. I've been using it for 8 years with zero problems. I did a Windows update last night, and now I have no option to use wifi. None at all. When I check Device Manager, it shows my WAN miniport is installed and working properly; however,...
  5. listening to my mic through playback settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    listening to my mic through playback settings: so the main objective is to listen to my microphone without a delay, when i do it through the mic settings - there is a lag - and when i try under the playback - the option is just not there. what do i do?...
  6. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  7. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  8. windows update option still crashes within settings even after downloading wu10 program to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update option still crashes within settings even after downloading wu10 program to...: As the title suggests.. I reisntalled my windows 10 from flash drive (retail one) and it was downloading updates for creators update and continued to download feature update 1807 but failed and each time i try check windows update within settings the whole settings box just...
  9. Widows 10 Activation Facility in "Settings" disabled.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Widows 10 Activation Facility in "Settings" disabled.: I keep getting asked to Activate Widows, but when I click on the "Activation" tab on Settings, there is nothing there, i.e. it appears to have been disabled. This has been happing since Microsoft did a remote scan and repair on my laptop several months ago. During this Live...
  10. Setting up scanner SMB folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up scanner SMB folder: I am getting an error message the shared directory does not have the required permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-scanner-smb-folder/7ef16863-ae05-4865-ac3e-7d3a9c15242d