Windows 10: Set up scanner

Discus and support Set up scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-scanner/a6c533d1-4c42-48e3-84ea-d251510b36c9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnKAK, Jan 11, 2019.

1. AnnKAK Win User

Set up scanner

I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600.

:)

AnnKAK, Jan 11, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Set up scanner

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Set up scanner

1. Set up scanner - Similar Threads - Set scanner

2. Time not correctly set automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Time not correctly set automatically: I activated the options "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically". Hovewer every now and again the the time is showing two hours behine the current time. This is solved if clicking "Sync now". Does anybody have also this issue in Windows 10? [img] 136985
  3. I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security: Two Problems: 1. Whenever I try to verify my Windows account in setting a blank-black popup appears that never loads 2. When I try to setup Windows Hello under account protection in Windows Security, nothing pops up when I click the 'Set up' button 1:[ATTACH]2:[ATTACH]...
  4. Monitor now showing as "not plugged in" in Sounds Settings - cannot get sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor now showing as "not plugged in" in Sounds Settings - cannot get sound!: For a week or so now, I haven't been able to get sounds to play through my monitor Monitor is plugged in to the graphics card via DP to HDMI cable - been working fine for the past 2 years Sounds can play through my headphones when I select the headphones device using the...
  5. How to I turn off Pause Updates? It is set for seven days. I do not want it to pause.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to I turn off Pause Updates? It is set for seven days. I do not want it to pause.: My Windows Update setting indicate that it pauses for seven days. I do not want this. I want it to update during my down time as soon as possible after the update is released. I do not want to have to click on a button. I want this to be automatic. [ATTACH] It looks...
  6. Mouse and Theme settings

Mouse and Theme settings: There is both an administrator account (me) and a user account (my partner) on my Win 10 PC. Each account has its own mouse and theme settings. Starting about 2 months ago the settings don't hold and either the theme and mouse settings of one account become the settings for...
  7. Settings: Family& Other Users will not open

Settings: Family& Other Users will not open: I recently had to do a completely fresh install of Windows 10, and I am having an issue since that. Every time I try to open up the "Family & Other Users" option, the window flashes open and then immediately closes. I know there is a workaround which allows me to add other...
  8. No option to set display language once language pack is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to set display language once language pack is installed?: Hey guys We had devices that were imaged using the US version of the ISO. I have since installed the GB-en language pack from the VL site for 1809, however once installed, it does not give me the option to set the display language to GB English? Even after a reboot? [img]...
  9. HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings: How do I scan without going to settings on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-4200-printerscanner-with-windows-10-how-do-i/8987709a-3efd-4b83-8377-f9a64510c500
  10. Setting up scanner SMB folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up scanner SMB folder: I am getting an error message the shared directory does not have the required permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-scanner-smb-folder/7ef16863-ae05-4865-ac3e-7d3a9c15242d