Windows 10: Set up scanner

Discus and support Set up scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-scanner/a6c533d1-4c42-48e3-84ea-d251510b36c9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnKAK, Jan 11, 2019.

1. AnnKAK Win User

Set up scanner

I can't get scanner to work for HP 8600.

:)

AnnKAK, Jan 11, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Set up scanner

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Set up scanner

1. Set up scanner - Similar Threads - Set scanner

2. Backing up WiFi settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up WiFi settings in windows 10: Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to backup all the connection settings used by my WiFi on my laptop, I have to restore them onto another laptop but do not want to loose all the logins and settings. If I could export them to a folder it would be a great help....
  3. Per-monitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Per-monitor sleep settings: I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to...
  4. Settings app not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app not launching: Hello, I can't launch my Windows 10 settings app, it crashes when I try to open it and I've had this issue for a long time now and I still couldn't find a way to fix it, thanks for any of your help....
  5. Set up - new (HP) laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up - new (HP) laptop: I have started to set up my new laptop but am now stuck on the 'verify your identity' page. I have not used my Microsoft account fo ages and had forgotten my password. I asked for a security code to be sent to my phone. It did not arrive. The screen now shows the message:...
  6. My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on: [ATTACH]You can see whats wrong in the screenshot. The colors are messed up, everything is highlighted with the light blue color and i cant see buttons on chrome popups. If anybody knows how to fix this then please help...
  7. Common bios settings that should be modified?

in Windows 10 Support
    Common bios settings that should be modified?: What are some common bios settings that improves performance? Sata power management Watch Dog Timer Amt Fast Boot Hp clear keys Those are some settings in my bios that i am curious if they are needed. (Id rather have as much performance as possible so id rather turn off...
  8. Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got fed up with AVG finally and fully uninstalled it with their removal tools. Now I'm trying out Windows Defender to see how I manage. But under "Virus & threat protection settings", I can't enable Real-Time protection.It's greyed out and says, "This setting is managed by...
  9. HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings: How do I scan without going to settings on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-4200-printerscanner-with-windows-10-how-do-i/8987709a-3efd-4b83-8377-f9a64510c500
  10. Setting up scanner SMB folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up scanner SMB folder: I am getting an error message the shared directory does not have the required permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-scanner-smb-folder/7ef16863-ae05-4865-ac3e-7d3a9c15242d