Windows 10: Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

Discus and support Set up system with an incorrect PIN. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ninja Yardley, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot do that. I went into the rescue account but the number that was in there was a land line so it was unable to get the code to unlock. Now I am locked out from using my brand new computer for 30 days. HELP!!!!

:)

Ninja Yardley, Jun 24, 2022

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Jun 24, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

1. Set up system with an incorrect PIN. - Similar Threads - Set system incorrect

2. Pin is incorrect??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin is incorrect??: Hey just opened my PC and the keyboard letters aren't working but the numbers are. I tried to change my pin into numbers to let me enter in but after typing the 4th number in my pin, it says pin is incorrect. Basically it won't let me enter my pin. What should I do???...
  3. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.: More information:I am using my standard email email a for the account i use on my computerA service i am using requires me to use another email email bI have the password for email b and am currently changing the phone number it is associated with have to wait 29 daysWhenever...
  4. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.: More information:I am using my standard email email a for the account i use on my computerA service i am using requires me to use another email email bI have the password for email b and am currently changing the phone number it is associated with have to wait 29 daysWhenever...
  5. Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up system with an incorrect PIN.: I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot do that. I went into the rescue account but the number that was in there was a land line so it was unable to get the code to...
  6. Setting up a pin

Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  7. Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN: So I very recently purchased a refurbished PC from PCs for People. I went through the set up process and used it so far maybe six times without a problem. When turning on the computer it was set up with a pin code. However now it says to enter the password for my Microsoft...
  8. Setting up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  9. Incorrect Pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect Pin: Hi, my laptop has recently updated and now it's saying the pin is incorrect. There isn't a 'sign in option' so I can't sign in with my password, is there a different way to sign in with the password? The only option I have is 'I forgot my PIN'. Thanks!...
  10. Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account: I set up a child account for my laptop in order to create a family account on Xbox to play Minecraft with my kid. The purchase was done FOR her account using the parent account but in order to add it I need to go into outlook with the parent account but I keep getting the...