Windows 10: Set use account to automatically start on boot up

Discus and support Set use account to automatically start on boot up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Win 10 1909, on boot up, automatically logs in to my account local. I've given the computer to my wife, to use for working from home thanks,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KJIsaacson, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Set use account to automatically start on boot up

My Win 10 1909, on boot up, automatically logs in to my account local. I've given the computer to my wife, to use for working from home thanks, COVID-19, and I created a user account for her local as well.

How do I configure so it automatically log on to her user account?

NOTE: Neither account requires a password. When booting up, I do not have to choose which account I want. It just automatically starts my account. I want to just start hers automatically.

Many thanks.

:)

KJIsaacson, Mar 26, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 26, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Set use account to automatically start on boot up

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Set use account to automatically start on boot up :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Set use account to automatically start on boot up

1. Set use account to automatically start on boot up - Similar Threads - Set account automatically

2. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting start-up: How do I get my chrome browser as start up app? I know it's on task manager before now it's missing. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-start-up/28d30658-a95b-40bb-a4eb-46c1b7d31db5
  3. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting start-up: How do I get my chrome browser as start up app? I know it's on task manager before now it's missing. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-start-up/28d30658-a95b-40bb-a4eb-46c1b7d31db5
  4. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Windows Explorer" starts automatically when system boots up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Windows Explorer" starts automatically when system boots up: "Windows Explorer" automatically starts when system boots up, it opens before any other programs stars and shows "Quick access" window. I've checked start-up programs in 'Task Manager" but "Windows Explorer" isn't there. I've been having this problem for a long time....
  6. Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work: When I boot up my computer and Windows 10 it automatically goes to automatic repair. When it is done I am left with a black screen and the mouse cursor. It started yesterday when my computer just froze. I have tried to boot into safe mode and it will not let me. I've also...
  7. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...
  8. Setting up 'Childs' accounts without using emails?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up 'Childs' accounts without using emails?: I am setting up a laptop with Windows 10 Pro for use by my 4 & 6-year-old niece and nephew. I will have a local admin account - it will not be associated with any kind of 'Microsoft' account/email. I want each of them to have their own logins. I have read GREAT things...
  9. Automatic Repair Started on Boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair Started on Boot?: I updated to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Today on starting the PC, the initial BIOS splash screen displayed a while longer than usual then Windows decided to enter an Automatic Repair. I had this happen about a year ago in Windows 8 so repeated what I did then - I just...
  10. Can no longer boot up automatically using UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer boot up automatically using UEFI: Hi, I just upgraded to Win10. I am using the computer as a HTPC and need the PC to boot up automatically each day so it can runs some scripts. I have been doing this by enabling the computer to automatically boot up within the UEFI . This no longer works after the Win 10...