Windows 10: Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change

Discus and support Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I am setting up some new computers, OEM by Dell. I would like to set a default wallpaper for all new logon users but allow them to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaspongkp, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change

Hi all,

I am setting up some new computers, OEM by Dell. I would like to set a default wallpaper for all new logon users but allow them to change freely in the future. I have found something like Group Policy Preference but I cant find in my Windows 10 (Build 1903). Is there any alternatives without doing a sysprep on it?

Thank you very much.

:)

thomaspongkp, Jan 9, 2020

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Justine,

please find the answers for your questions.

For Example: If a new user log in for first time to his machine, Instead of Apply the default windows 10 wallpaper (Windows Logo), I need to set a specific wallpaper with user ability to change it.

Thanks

Alaa

Alaa Aljabahji, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change

Desktop wallpaper for new users

If that's the case, we would like to know the following so we can assist you further:

• Are you trying to set up a wallpaper to all users(including new users) to a single device? Or
    • Are you trying to set it up to all the device the users will log in?
    • Do you want to have a default users for all of the devices, and when another user logged in on that specific device he/she will be able to change the wallpaper, is that right?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Justine Pel, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change

1. Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change - Similar Threads - Set Wallpaper Preference

2. No settings to change wallpaper Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No settings to change wallpaper Windows 11: Hi, I've updated to Windows 11 and have had this problem ever since, I figured it might be time to try to fix it. I can't change my desktop wallpaper anymore. The option doesn't appear in settings... and I can't even send a screenshot here apparently? I'll try to be...
  3. No settings to change wallpaper Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No settings to change wallpaper Windows 11: Hi, I've updated to Windows 11 and have had this problem ever since, I figured it might be time to try to fix it. I can't change my desktop wallpaper anymore. The option doesn't appear in settings... and I can't even send a screenshot here apparently? I'll try to be...
  4. wallpaper setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper setting: Hi All, Thank you for your time. I have an issue with my screen walpaper. So I have a HP Probook with Windows 10. When I sign in I see nice picutres with a location as well I think this is from windows spotlight feature I would like to replicate this on my desktop...
  5. Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change

Set Wallpaper Preference for New Users but allow them to change: Hi all, I am setting up some new computers, OEM by Dell. I would like to set a default wallpaper for all new logon users but allow them to change freely in the future. I have found something like Group Policy Preference but I cant find in my Windows 10 (Build 1903). Is there...
  6. Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper: Hi! I have a laptop and every time I change my wallpaper, it reverts back to "Center" Option in Personalize menu. My laptop's screen resolution is 3840*2160, but regardless of the dimension of the wallpaper, if I put a wallpaper of 10000*5625 (which is a 16*9 ratio indeed),...
  7. How to change/push StartMenu change for existing users, and allowing them to change this...

How to change/push StartMenu change for existing users, and allowing them to change this...: Hi, I am dealing with a group of users who all have windows 10. I like to offer them a StartMenu template tiles. I have experimented with GPO and setting a startmenu. But after that it is hard for users to add a little afterwards. I know about the possibility of using...
  8. Change user settings

Change user settings: Im on windows 10 pro but my area manager has put her as standard user when set up and now when i start up i cant put myself on. It seems as because this is the only option to sign in, it wont let me change user type as this is restricted. The family and other user option is...
  9. Change user settings

Change user settings: Im on windows 10 pro but my area manager has put her as standard user when set up and now when i start up i cant put myself on. It seems as because this is the only option to sign in, it wont let me change user type as this is restricted. The family and other user option is...
  10. Dual monitor wallpaper settings. Want them to be the same.

Dual monitor wallpaper settings. Want them to be the same.: I've got a dual monitor PC running the now released windows 10. Everything about it went very smoothly, right up until I tried to change the background. At first both screens had the same image (that cool windows 10 logo with light beams picture). But of course that wasn't...