Windows 10: Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

Discus and support Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SlickRCBD, Oct 23, 2021.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a laptop with Win10 home. It is a cheap, low-end computer with only 8gb of RAM and a sealed case that makes it problematic to try to upgrade it. It also has a conventional hard drive instead of a SSD.She was irritated at having to replace her Win7 computer and bought a cheap replacement. Please don't make snide comments that involve spending money we don't have as fixes.In any case, she keeps the laptop off most of the time. Windows Update decides th

:)

SlickRCBD, Oct 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 23, 2021
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Globespy Win User

Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10  

There's a much easier way (Win 10 Pro).
    From the Start Menu, search for 'gpedit' and run the Group Policy Editor. Expand Computer Configuration in the left-hand pane, and navigate to Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update. Double-click Configure Automatic Updates in the list, select the Enabled radio button, and in the left-hand box select 2 - Notify for download and notify for install. Now click OK, and you'll be notified whenever there are updates

Also to set your Schedule restart.
    Here are the steps :
    from the Windows Update, click Advanced options and select Notify to schedule restart from the Choose how updates are installed list.

Globespy, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates - Similar Threads - Set HOME notify

2. Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?: I've found ways to get Windows 11 and 10 to notify you before downloading updates so you can choose when or if to install them.One method involves using gpedit.msc which doesn't exist on Win11 Home and the other way is to simply add a couple registry keys.QUESTION: does this...
  3. Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?: I've found ways to get Windows 11 and 10 to notify you before downloading updates so you can choose when or if to install them.One method involves using gpedit.msc which doesn't exist on Win11 Home and the other way is to simply add a couple registry keys.QUESTION: does this...
  4. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates: I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a laptop with Win10 home. It is a cheap, low-end computer with only 8gb of RAM and a sealed case that makes it problematic to try...
  5. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates: I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a laptop with Win10 home. It is a cheap, low-end computer with only 8gb of RAM and a sealed case that makes it problematic to try...
  6. how exactly does the notify before download option work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how exactly does the notify before download option work: i have windows 10 pro build 1809. in my windows updates i have the download and install link for build 1903. i dont want to upgrade to build 1903 now because there are still some issues in it as i know the end of life of build 1809 is may 2020 and it will start to nag me to...
  7. Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files?: hi can Windows 10 built-in Anti virus be configured to notify and ask permission before taking any action? Today I see it deleting files as I'm trying to work with them and it's intolerable. If not I plan to perm disable and use a different solution, can anyone suggest an AV...
  8. "Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT

"Notify for download & Notify for install" missing - GPEDIT: Recently did a fresh install of Win10 Spring update.I'm accustomed to using option (2) in Group Policy Editor which lets Windows notify me to download updates and notify me to install them once downloaded. However, this no longer seems to be an option as the only thing i can...
  9. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?: I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own preference schedule, for example 18:45 today (which was in fact yesterday). Anyways, I ran the Check for Updates and when the...
  10. Notify Before Downloading?

Notify Before Downloading?: Hi is there anyway of Making Win 10 notify you before downloading & installing updates? Appreciate any help Thx 47792