Windows 10: Set Windows 10 to restart immediately to install an important Updates

Discus and support Set Windows 10 to restart immediately to install an important Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of the best features in Windows 10 v1903 is that Microsoft is not forcing feature updates unless their service terms have expired.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Set Windows 10 to restart immediately to install an important Updates

WinClub, May 25, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Click off to install important updates????

Seems like it's stuck in that mode and not installing then...maybe run IE WIndows Update and see if you can get the updates to install that way.

I usually set mine to just notify me of important updates, then I download and install them and restart if it requires such.

Hope that helps!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 25, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, May 25, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Set Windows 10 to restart immediately to install an important Updates capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Set Windows 10 to restart immediately to install an important Updates - Similar Threads - Set restart immediately

2. Settings crashes immediately Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes immediately Windows 10: For the last 3 weeks any time I would try opening the Settings app it would crash. Finally yesterday I tried fixing it to no avail. I did a factory reset to remove all programs and such and that did not work. I then did an sfc scannow and got the corrupt files but cant fix...
  3. Settings crashes immediately Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashes immediately Windows 10: For the last 3 weeks any time I would try opening the Settings app it would crash. Finally yesterday I tried fixing it to no avail. I did a factory reset to remove all programs and such and that did not work. I then did an sfc scannow and got the corrupt files but cant fix...
  4. Settings crashes immediately Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restart scheduled for important updates: A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to get a newer version of Windows 10, because my present version is nearing the end of service. But this window totally locks my...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing then immediately restarting. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Freezing then immediately restarting. No BSOD.: This just started recently, maybe a month ago. I just got this PC last Black Friday. It has Windows 10 version 1809 installed. When I'm playing a game it will randomly freeze, my speakers make a buzzing sound for 2-3 seconds, then the PC restarts with no blue screen of death....
  7. Importing photo setting for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photo setting for windows 10: Recently, I can not import my pictures from my camera . I m running windows 10 and wondering if some setting is preventing the import. When I connect my camera the window pops up but then freezes preventing me from choosing to import and then disappears. What is preventing me...
  8. Windows 10’s important security update is failing to install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s important security update is failing to install: Microsoft released Windows 10 updates on Tuesday to fix a security bug reported by the United States’ National Security Agency (NSA). Unfortunately, the Redmond, Washington tech giant’s latest update for Windows 10 has also run into installation problems. For context, users...
  9. Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown: Windows 10 restarts immediately after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restarts-immediately-after-shutdown/c73b6d59-c862-4fad-9afa-c0c213268b4a"
  10. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown then Immediately Restarts: Win 10 Pro x64 HP Spectre x360 15t, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, NVidia Geforce MX150 2GB GDDR5 I was having some issues with HP printer drivers but that did not appear to cause this shutdown issue. I plugged an LG BE14NU40 Blu-Ray Writer via USB and output via HDMI...