Windows 10: Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

Discus and support Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to know how, if it is possible, to have Windows 10 turn off Bluetooth when I send the computer to sleep by closing the lid. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Viscero1d, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Viscero1d Win User

Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

I would like to know how, if it is possible, to have Windows 10 turn off Bluetooth when I send the computer to sleep by closing the lid.

I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use with both my laptop and with my mobile. When I am finished using my laptop and put it in my bag, I have to manually turn off Bluetooth before doing so or the next time I grab my headphones to use with my phone, they connect to the laptop, and I either have to go without, or stop, pull out my laptop, log in and turn off Bluetooth. I'm sure you can imagine a number of scenarios where pulling out a laptop and logging in while outside is impractical or ill advised.

I believe I have previously checked the advanced power settings, and "allow windows to turn off this device to save power" was already on, however, i can no longer see that setting. It doesn't make a difference anyway, so there's little point in re-suggesting it.

Windows 10 version 2004 19041.450

Asus Vivobook Flip 14 TP412UA

Bluetooth version 4.2

https://www.asus.com/au/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-VivoBook-Flip-14-TP412UA/specifications/

:)

Viscero1d, Sep 14, 2020

2. Issues with finding and turning on Bluetooth settings on Windows 10.

Hi Jepson,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Bluetooth settings in Windows 10.

This issue might occur if Bluetooth settings is not turned on from the devices settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "no Bluetooth setting on my laptop to turn Bluetooth on", where exactly have you checked for Bluetooth settings?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if you are able to find the Bluetooth settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-find-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on Bluetooth settings
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 14, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

Unable to turn on Bluetooth

Hi,

I will certainly help you to find Bluetooth.

Kindly answer the question to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

First I would suggest you to check whether your airplane mode is on or off.

Kindly refer the steps below to check for the airplane mode:

• Press Windows key + I form keyboard to open setting.
    • Go to network and internet.
    • Click on Airplane mode and select turn off.
    Please refer the following steps to find Bluetooth:

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select More Bluetooth options to find more Bluetooth settings.

If you still face difficulty in finding the option, kindly refer the section
    Learn more about Bluetooth fixing problems from the
    below link to fix the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-find-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

1. Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Set turn off

2. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  3. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  4. No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10: I cannot turn on my Bluetooth form settings app. There is no turn on toggle button in my windows. It is missing from the action center too. I have a Lenovo desktop. Why is that? Is it because I don't have a laptop?...
  5. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.: Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan...
  6. Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode: My desktop is in sleep mode but I keep hearing audio sounds that typically accompany notifications when the PC is active. I can not find a setting to silence the PC while it is sleeping. Clearly something that I should be able to control....
  7. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. PC turns off when set to sleep

PC turns off when set to sleep: Running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. Every time I set my computer to go to sleep, the computer shuts down immediately instead. I have tried... Changing my default power options (set to sleep in all categories) Turning OFF fast startup (currently turned off) Changing...
  9. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...
  10. Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth: When Windows 10 puts my laptop to sleep my bluetooth is not coming back on when it wakes up. I have to shut down and reboot the computer completely to get bluetooth to turn on again. I have tried changing the power mangement settings for the two drivers under "network...