Windows 10: Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

Discus and support Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to set a Windows 10 computer to "Wake on LAN' so that I can wake it up remotely and connect through Team Viewer. I found instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dstone001, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Dstone001 Win User

Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

I'm trying to set a Windows 10 computer to "Wake on LAN' so that I can wake it up remotely and connect through Team Viewer.

I found instructions telling me to go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, properties for the Realtek PCIe GbG card, advanced. On the instructions, I should see an option for "Wake on Magic Packet." It's not there. Also , there is no PowerManagement tab.

Any suggestions? Is the computer too old for this feature?

:)

Dstone001, Jan 19, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

SysAdmHowto, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

1. Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN: - Similar Threads - Set Wake LAN

2. Wake up on LAN not working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake up on LAN not working!: Hello. I have my desktop PC at my work office. This is great, but when I am at home, I only have a Chromebook and an Android tablet. I would love to get Steam Link or Chrome Remote Desktop to work, and possibly do some gaming at home. I've gotten it to work great, the...
  3. Wake on Lan - Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  4. LAN Settings in Proxy Settings

LAN Settings in Proxy Settings: I have an ethernet connection for my internet in which I have to use LAN settings in Proxy settings in chrome due to which I am not able to use the internet in any app except google chrome. FYI, for google chrome too I have to go through squid authentication to access...
  5. Wake on LAN support on this laptop ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake on LAN support on this laptop ?: I have a lenovo laptop ( ideapad 520-15ikb) , model name 80YL, and i wanna know if it supports wake on lan or not , because i need this for something . Do you guys know if it supports that? And do i really need a wired internet connection for WOL ? Or i can use wifi for wake...
  6. Wake on Lan

Wake on Lan: Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469
  7. LAN Settings

LAN Settings: Hello, I am after some help with a issue that keeps happening with my PC. Every couple of days the setting, as shown in the attached pic, keeps being re ticked. This messes with how Chrome works and even with the emails. Is there some way I can stop this from being re...
  8. Wake On LAN is Not Working

Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...
  9. Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan": I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this device to wake the computer" is grayed out. Also I'm sure that I'm the one who disabled that feature in a previous build,...
  10. Wake on LAN Support for Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Wake on LAN Support for Surface: We’re happy to announce the addition of Wake on LAN support for Surface devices connected to wired local area networks with a Surface Ethernet Adapter or Surface Dock. With Wake on LAN, you can enable your docked or connected devices to be woken from Connected Standby,...