Windows 10: Set Word Document Setting to "Admin Edit Only" on an Important Document... Then the school...

Discus and support Set Word Document Setting to "Admin Edit Only" on an Important Document... Then the school... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For members of Microsoft, I move around a lot and tend to go to different schools yearly. I was writing an important document-- a book. I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by galaxii, May 11, 2019.

1. galaxii Win User

Set Word Document Setting to "Admin Edit Only" on an Important Document... Then the school...

For members of Microsoft,

I move around a lot and tend to go to different schools yearly.

I was writing an important document-- a book. I was using the school-provided email, which included a paid Word. It's nothing important to anyone else, but the story was extremely important to me. I set the document to "Owner edit only", to add extra protection to my document, as well as a password only I would understand.

When I moved school boards in the summer, they stopped paying for Word, and eventually changed the password on the school provided email. This caused me to be unable to reactivate and confirm my Word account, which made my document not allow me to edit it, for it was set to "owner edit only". With this, I was no longer logged into the email, provoking my rights to the document.

I don't care about the email being recovered, but I've attempted to contact the school board anyways, and 2 months later they have not replied. I just want access to my book again. Also attempted to call Canadian Microsoft Support but didn't get very far.

Long story short, I need help changing the "Owner Edit Only" to allow anyone to edit, so I can edit on my own personal word. I don't need help recovering the password; i just need the settings changed

Willing to provide members of Microsoft with Government issued ID as proof the email was mine, if that's what it takes to recover my document. (preferably not, but i'm serious about this.)

Thank you.

:)

galaxii, May 11, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, May 11, 2019
  3. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, May 11, 2019
  4. Set Word Document Setting to "Admin Edit Only" on an Important Document... Then the school...

Recovering corrupt word documents

The one and only solution for your corrupted word documents is Kernel for Word repair software.

NehwalSaina, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Set Word Document Setting to "Admin Edit Only" on an Important Document... Then the school...

1. Set Word Document Setting to "Admin Edit Only" on an Important Document... Then the school... - Similar Threads - Set Word Document

2. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  3. Bugs document and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugs document and settings: Bro, how do you fix the document and settings bugs, bro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bugs-document-and-settings/2995479d-5706-4ac6-966a-05747b10ef96
  4. Bugs document and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugs document and settings: Bro, how do you fix the document and settings bugs, bro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bugs-document-and-settings/2995479d-5706-4ac6-966a-05747b10ef96
  5. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  6. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  7. Documents File Is Set To Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents File Is Set To Read Only: For some reason, my documents file is set to read only, so any other files I put into it are then read only too, and the program I'm using can't change the files in the my documents folder. How do I fix this? My user account is set up as an administrator....
  8. Word document only printing images

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word document only printing images: I have created a word document with text and 2 images. When I go to print, it will only print images. Can you help? Thanks- Laura https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document-only-printing-images/0a56e378-b9cb-4826-aa78-1a8dc902233e
  9. Word document

in Windows 10 Support
    Word document: I typed a letter using Word. When I went to documents to open this letter to print Microsoft word kept opening a window telling me to sign into my micrisoft acct and either use for free for a month or pay. Why can't I access any documents, is there a way around this, it never...
  10. Lost settings and documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost settings and documents: While restarting my Windows10 machine today morning I was asked to do an 'Update and Restart', post the restart I found it that I have lost all the software settings and lots of documents from my machine. How to reach to the same stage before I did 'Update and Restart'? I...