Windows 10: SetAccessControl issues this: Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operration; Asked...

Discus and support SetAccessControl issues this: Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operration; Asked... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here. May I offer you some code? Yes. I created this code. Sometimes I get the message "Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operation." Oh?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Degreed Professional, Jan 22, 2021.

1. SetAccessControl issues this: Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operration; Asked...

Here. May I offer you some code? Yes. I created this code. Sometimes I get the message "Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operation." Oh? Really? Which operation would that be? More details, wanted you guys. Somebody asked about this deplorable "diagnostic" message in 2012. It is now 2021. No reasonable answer yet. Still waiting.

public static void RemoveAllACEsFromDirectorystring directory

{

try

{

string tabs = "\t";

System.IO.DirectoryInfo dInfo = new System.IO.DirectoryInfodirectory;

System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity dSecurity = dInfo.GetAccessControl;

System.Security.AccessControl.AuthorizationRuleCollection acl = dSecurity.GetAccessRulestrue, true, typeofSystem.Security.Principal.NTAccount;

foreach System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule ace in acl

{

if ExtensiveReporting

{

Console.WriteLine"{0}Account: {1}", tabs, ace.IdentityReference.Value;

Console.WriteLine"{0}Type: {1}", tabs, ace.AccessControlType;

Console.WriteLine"{0}Rights: {1}", tabs, ace.FileSystemRights;

Console.WriteLine"{0}Inherited: {1}", tabs, ace.IsInherited;

Console.WriteLine;

}

try

{

dSecurity.RemoveAccessRulenew System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRuleace.IdentityReference, ace.FileSystemRights, ace.AccessControlType;

}

catch Exception F0xxx

{

Console.WriteLine"Exception: System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystem.RemoveAccessRule";

Console.WriteLineF0xxx.Message;

Console.WriteLine"Directory: " + directory;

}

try

{

dInfo.SetAccessControldSecurity;

}

catch Exception F1xxx

{

Console.WriteLine"Exception: System.IO.DirectoryInfo.SetAccessControl";

Console.WriteLineF1xxx.Message;

Console.WriteLine"Directory: " + directory;

}

}

}

catch Exception e1

{

Console.WriteLine"RemoveAllACEsFromDirectory: Could not access {0}", directory;

Console.WriteLinee1;

}

}

:)

Degreed Professional, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 22, 2021
  4. SetAccessControl issues this: Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operration; Asked...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

SetAccessControl issues this: Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operration; Asked...

1. SetAccessControl issues this: Attempted to Perform An Unauthorized Operration; Asked... - Similar Threads - SetAccessControl issues Attempted

2. Unauthorized Login Attempts from Overseas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unauthorized Login Attempts from Overseas: I see two unauthorized login attempts recently from Seychelles and China and a couple more from the USA. Does MS automatically block any attempt to login from overseas when there is no history of the user ever having logged in from outside the USA?As a result I have removed...
  3. Unauthorized Login Attempts from Overseas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unauthorized Login Attempts from Overseas: I see two unauthorized login attempts recently from Seychelles and China and a couple more from the USA. Does MS automatically block any attempt to login from overseas when there is no history of the user ever having logged in from outside the USA?As a result I have removed...
  4. Unauthorized Login Attempts from Overseas

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. pc asking to restart and attempt to repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc asking to restart and attempt to repair: My pc is always asking to restart and it happens over and over again, it keeps saying that it is attempting to repair my computer but nothing happens, my PC is always getting slow at times, and I've tried to do the start-up repair option but not even that works....
  6. performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance issues: Hi Microsoft team,Good morning!! I have a Lenovo laptop with i7 processor and since I registered in windows insider program I got my windows 11 update even though my hardware requirements were not met I got windows 11 but my touchpad is not working properly and its getting...
  7. asking about performance of pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asking about performance of pc: i have a question that why pc does not hold or run 4 to 5 apps simultaneously let take example chrome running with 15 to 25 tabs firefox with one tab films and tv music video microsoft store hp support assistant etc then laptop starts freezing or hanging...
  8. Performance issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance issues: I'm going to try and keep this simple. My Windows 10 PC started having a performance and temperature problem a few weeks ago. My CPU temperature goes up to about 60-70 Celsius in idle and in Overwatch, my FPS drops to 210-213 max. One way of fixing this was by keeping the...
  9. Very slow on file operrations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow on file operrations: When copying files of any size, my system goes to 99% and then hangs there for about 10-30 seconds. Any operation causing a file rename has similar results. To make things faster I changed my two internal disks (1TB, 2TB) both to SSD's, no change. Copying files to the...
  10. performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance issues: last year (october) there was a windows update that caused my laptop, and many others to have major performance issues while playing games. before the update: -100fps -medium/high game settings after the update: -10-50fps -low game settings -can run 60fps+ for...