Windows 10: seting up a standard account

Discus and support seting up a standard account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; set up a standard account with out admin pw ever time I open a program up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobbieBarrios III, Sep 16, 2018.

1. seting up a standard account

set up a standard account with out admin pw ever time I open a program up

:)

RobbieBarrios III, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 16, 2018
  3. I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2018
  4. seting up a standard account

Use Microsoft Account as a standard account with limited rights

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

You can change a Microsoft Account to a Standard Account. I suggest you to follow the below steps to change an Account to a Standard account.

Note: You need to be a Administrator account to make any changes on the computer. So make sure you have an Administrator account on the computer other than a Standard Account.

1. Type User Accounts in Search to open User Accounts.2. Click on the account you want to change.

3. Click on Change your Account Type and change it to Standard Account.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

seting up a standard account

1. seting up a standard account - Similar Threads - seting standard account

2. Setting up a standard user account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a standard user account in Windows 11: When I installed Windows 11 I gave it my Microsoft account that I use for Office 365 and all other versions of Windows. That is my Admin account by default. With reading these forums and the new Office exploits that attack your system from even previewing a malicious doc or...
  3. Windows setings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows setings: Merhaba,benim sorunum windows 7 Ultimate SP1 yüklüyken herhangi bir sorunum yokken oluştu ve sonrasında devam etti halende aynı sorun devam ediyor bir çok şey denedim ancak sonuç alamadım sizlere danışmak istedim umarım yardımcı olabilirsiniz bir de anakartımın üreticisine...
  4. seting up a 3d printer on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seting up a 3d printer on windows 10: i reasintly got a 3d printer its a sunlu and it does not have bluetooth or internet campatibitly as i can tell and i cant get my windows 10 laptop to reconize it can someone please help...
  5. Key Setings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Setings: How can I Download or Instal ''FN'' Key .. Idk how can I make that Key FN run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-setings/a6e0150d-1783-4677-915b-75a977c0dc95
  6. help with seting up cortana

in Cortana
    help with seting up cortana: need some help with set up. seems im missing something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-seting-up-cortana/6037bc19-fb94-440d-8632-21dd3c3363e1
  7. wifi seting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi seting: how to reset wifi from public to private after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-seting/696c24e2-0be6-437d-b778-832e1dcf5269
  8. Standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard account: How to make a standard account if I am the administrato. Is it safer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account/4d0a737f-11b0-4df8-8c05-cb4aa03ba76b"
  9. STandard Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STandard Account: Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning-windows_10/standard-account/8aa263a5-3435-47e8-a3fe-e779dfdcd8bc
  10. Set up admin account on system with standard account only

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Set up admin account on system with standard account only: Hello everyone. This is my first post on Ten Forums. How can I create an admin account on a system that only has a standard user account? I suspect that the answer is that I can't, but I live in hope. I can't provide specific details of the PC in question because it's...