Windows 10: Setings wont open

Discus and support Setings wont open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Helo,my name is Dzidomova and i have problem that my setings when I press to open it opens for half a second and closes ,no erors or nothing, i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dzidomova, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Dzidomova Win User

Setings wont open

Helo,my name is Dzidomova and i have problem that my setings when I press to open it opens for half a second and closes ,no erors or nothing, i cant open display setings and i get some eror and few more apps

My pc specs Ryzen 5 1600 Rx 570 4gb nitro 8 gb ram 1tb

IT happened when I changed my 1060 3gb with Rx 570 nitro 4gb

at first i wasnt able to open windows start menu but i created new acount and now iam able to open it

Any solutions,i dont know how to reinstall windows Thanks.

i tried creating new acount sfc scan and few more things that i cant remember now but none of them worked

:)

Dzidomova, Apr 18, 2020

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Setings wont open

Sign in Options wont Open

Build version: 14393.693

I would like to add pin as a sign in method,

but this problem did'n encounter very often

It usually be normal after I restart the windows

Setings wont open 9db8c2d4-1cde-4c99-aa50-357274e1daab.png

I have been following this instruction, but seems like nothing is solved

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Sign-in options in settings wont open

I also encounter these problem :

Bima Satria, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Setings wont open

1. Setings wont open - Similar Threads - Setings wont open

2. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  3. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  4. Windows setings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows setings: Merhaba,benim sorunum windows 7 Ultimate SP1 yüklüyken herhangi bir sorunum yokken oluştu ve sonrasında devam etti halende aynı sorun devam ediyor bir çok şey denedim ancak sonuç alamadım sizlere danışmak istedim umarım yardımcı olabilirsiniz bir de anakartımın üreticisine...
  5. Key Setings

Key Setings: How can I Download or Instal ''FN'' Key .. Idk how can I make that Key FN run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-setings/a6e0150d-1783-4677-915b-75a977c0dc95
  6. help with seting up cortana

in Cortana
    help with seting up cortana: need some help with set up. seems im missing something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-seting-up-cortana/6037bc19-fb94-440d-8632-21dd3c3363e1
  7. wifi seting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi seting: how to reset wifi from public to private after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-seting/696c24e2-0be6-437d-b778-832e1dcf5269
  8. privacy seting crashes

privacy seting crashes: when I updated my windows 10 my microphone and camera stopped working I tried to give them a permission from setting> privacy > microphone but when I click on that the settings get laggy and crashes pls help...
  9. "Lock" in System Setings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Lock" in System Setings: Can any inform me as to the purpose of "Lock" under "Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable" in Windows 10. I noticed it checked and thus I unchecked it. The reason for this, I have been experimenting as to the reason why the Computer would not go into Sleep Mode...
  10. seting up a standard account

seting up a standard account: set up a standard account with out admin pw ever time I open a program up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/seting-up-a-standard-account/dedd480a-7bfb-465b-881a-af74fa9e9903