Windows 10: Setting a custom scaling factor

Discus and support Setting a custom scaling factor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Erlendmikkel, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Setting a custom scaling factor

So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels different. The scaling method i used before was the default windows 100% scaling, so the reason for me setting this custom scale factor was infact to achieve different/better/more accurate, mouse movement.When i open my display settings, the scaling section is greyed out. This is all well and good but in that greyed out sec

:)

Erlendmikkel, Aug 4, 2022

2. A CUSTOM SCALE FACTOR IS SET

This is the MOST ANNOYING THING! If I am writing here is because I could not find the solution and it is too much.

1) Change Display Settings: Turn off custom scaling and sign out, I click and font size is readable.

2) But, every time I restart the laptop it goes to "A CUSTOM SCALE FACTOR IS SET", how? why? when? what for?

I need to go again to Display changes and click "Turn off custom scaling and sign out"

EVERY TIME, EVERY TIME and of course it reboots.

3) Then again, next time it goes back to the HORRIBLE TINY font.

4) Please help and advise how PERMANENTLY FIX THIS.

With many thanks in advance.

MabelTriguis, Aug 4, 2022
  3. How to disable the "Custom Scale Factor is Set" option

I am attaching my laptop (Thinkpad T 460S) to an external monitor and extending the display. I go to change the display setting because I prefer my icons to be a bit smaller, however in the scale and layout section it says in red letters A custom scale
    factor is set and Turn off custom scaling and sign out (blue letters). When I choose the option to turn off custom scaling and sign out, it does sign me out and adjust the size of the icons to 125%. However when I reboot my computer the original custom scale
    factor appears and I have to sign out again to have the display as I like it.

Is there a way to permanently disable the custom scale factor and not have to reboot my computer ever time?

JPGonzalez, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Setting a custom scaling factor

"A CUSTOM SCALE FACTOR IS SET"

Window 10 - After last week update and recovery back to previous version losing all software and app, the scaling custom scale factor still is set and not coming back. There is no responding on the resolution tab to change
    the screen resolution, there is nothing responding that you can try after reboots and updates, and you can barely see the letters.
    Is May 2018 and this issue was reported in the community in December 2017

ARISTIDES MARTINEZ CINTRON, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Setting a custom scaling factor

1. Setting a custom scaling factor - Similar Threads - Setting custom scaling

2. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  3. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  4. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  5. Custom Scaling

Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  6. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  7. Setting a custom scaling factor

Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  8. High-DPI-awareness scaling factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High-DPI-awareness scaling factors: Hello, all Whan I check the value of GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN on a high-DPI device with Widnows 10, I see that the ratio between virtual and physical pixels is exactly two: GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 2736; // high-DPI-aware GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 1368;...
  9. Custom Scaling Factor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Scaling Factor: Greetings All, I wanted to know if there is a way to make my windows laptop look crisp and clear, without making the icons and the font too big. I have a 14 inch laptop and I need the best custom scaling factor so that my icons and apps are not blurry. I have already tried...
  10. Customized Scaling Factor per Monitor in Windows 10 other than sets of 25% ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customized Scaling Factor per Monitor in Windows 10 other than sets of 25% ?: I'm looking for a solution to customize the text scaling factor across 2 different monitors in Windows 10. The previous answer from MS is "you can do this and Windows 10 remembers it" isn't correct for what I want. That answer only relates to the MS approach of having huge...