Windows 10: Setting a Default App . . .

Discus and support Setting a Default App . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Setting a Default App . . .

My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro.

The browsers, I have installed are:

1. Internet Explorer

2. Google Chrome

3. Mozilla Firefox

4. Comodo IceDragon

Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer.

I don't even like, Internet Explorer. But, I do use it for, other things.

I don't want to use, Google Chrome. As my, default browser.

I talk to it. To spell, my words. Like, I'm doing, for this posting. "Great"

I'd like, to use: Mozilla Firefox, or Comodo IceDragon.

I know the routine. Of going to, settings, apps, default apps.

I did, just that. I picked: Mozilla Firefox. And, I also tried: Comodo IceDragon.

But, it doesn't, work? Isn't there something, I have to do, to save the change?

There is, a reset button. But, when I click on that. I just get, Internet Explorer?

Please explain, to me. How do I, save the change?

Microsoft would prefer I use Internet Explorer. "No Thanks"

But I don't, want to do that. So please, explain?

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Aug 27, 2020

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 27, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Setting a Default App . . .

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Setting a Default App . . . :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Setting a Default App . . .

1. Setting a Default App . . . - Similar Threads - Setting Default App

2. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  3. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  4. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

7. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  8. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  9. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  10. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...