Windows 10: Setting a fixed location

Discus and support Setting a fixed location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use a VPN and Cortana and the OS thinks I'm somewhere else. Is there anyplace to put a zip code to force the OS to think you're in a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by monty22001, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Setting a fixed location

I use a VPN and Cortana and the OS thinks I'm somewhere else. Is there anyplace to put a zip code to force the OS to think you're in a specific location?

:)

monty22001, Aug 12, 2015
  2. 7thSense Win User

Setting a default location?

Thank you for contributing. Sorry, this is not currently possible.

7thSense, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Setting a default location?

My GPS doesn't work in doors, the AGPS is supposed to take over in doors but it doesn't seem to work, Is it possible to set a default location, say my home address so I can geo tag my photos, get local search results etc

DaveyJ1981uk, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Setting a fixed location

Bump. Anyone know? My laptop that I did a 'clean' upgrade over win8.1 know where I really am, but the one I thumb drived full clean installed always goes by the VPN.

monty22001, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Guess not that many use VPN and maps/Cortana heh

monty22001, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Setting a fixed location

1. Setting a fixed location - Similar Threads - Setting fixed location

2. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  3. Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder location of Settings app [Solved] Fix for Rainmeter too.: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fixes it.the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to use ms-settings: directly from the prompt.However, I'm...
  4. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  5. Folder location of Settings app Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T the message "I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  6. Folder location of Settings app Fix

Folder location of Settings app Fix: Hi, I saw someone asking this question, precisely for rainmeter, and the answer is not quite right. I couldn't answer it too, hope this fix it.the message I surfed the whole internet for hours just for you Ares79T"I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to...
  7. Location Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Settings: I would like to change my Location settings (in Settings/Location) but the "Change button" is greyed ouy and says: "Location for this device is off". Also, marked in red, I see "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" I use Windows 10 Home Version...
  8. location fixed

in Cortana
    location fixed: Did you ever fix this problem? if so, where can I find out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-fixed/7f43b0c3-a0fa-4aec-9779-d1cfa17204fb
  9. Location setting?

Location setting?: How do I reset the computer location in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-setting/910961fa-5e64-47ca-9548-1288de411e19
  10. Location settings

Location settings: For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service is already turned on but I'm still being requested to turn it on. My banking website and Google maps are some of the sites....