Windows 10: Setting a max volume

Discus and support Setting a max volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using a software called "Quiet on the Set" that limits the Windows volume slider to the exact number I want. For example, I set it to 72, and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CadenLucianArcher, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Setting a max volume

I'm using a software called "Quiet on the Set" that limits the Windows volume slider to the exact number I want.

For example, I set it to 72, and in the volume slider, I can't increase the volume higher than 72.

Now the software works, but it sometimes doesn't, and I have to restart it, and it doesn't start with windows in minimized form, so it's a bit annoying.

My question is: Is it possible to do what this software does through a reg edit, bat file, or something like that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つThanks for the help in advance.༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

submitted by /u/CadenLucianArcher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CadenLucianArcher, Mar 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 maxes out volume sometimes

I got the same problem and installing new software is not helping. I got Asus T100HA notebook. My sound devices listed in the device manager are: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Audio Codec. As mentioned above, when watching youtube or a movie
    on VLC, after hiting pause and play again, the volume is maxed out which is kinda unpleasent for ears especially when I am using headphones. Then /i quickly have to move volume buttons on the notebook to lower the volume. What is weird is that while usually
    one click is 2% volume, it is always one click after this auto volume maxing to move the volmy back to my desired level like 12. So that may suggest that according to the volume indicator it is not maxed out and touching the buttons refreshs the setting. Either
    way it is extremly annoying. Maybe we should sue somebody for hearing damage?

Patrickzamorski, Mar 27, 2021
  3. 3230 - Volume in Real Player

Hi,

the volume setting in Real Player is set to max and cannot be changed. I can only turn the volume off, but there is no other setting than max for the actual volume. This also impacts the volume when I am speaking on the phone.

Any suggestions?

tclass---01, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Setting a max volume

Verizon Nokie 822 Max Volume Not Loud Enough

I have a Nokia 822 from Verizon, and the max volume is much lower than the iPhone it replaced. Is there a way to increase the max volume setting in either the Settings, or perhaps a regedit? Thanks!! Ryan

RyanVanOsdol, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Setting a max volume

1. Setting a max volume - Similar Threads - Setting max volume

2. Windows 11 sets itself to max volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sets itself to max volume: This morning windows started setting itself to 100 on the volume. When this happens, there is also a volume indicator overlay on the screen as well. The volume can be lowered for just a fraction of a second then it starts raising again, almost like a stuck volume up key on a...
  3. Windows 11 sets itself to max volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sets itself to max volume: This morning windows started setting itself to 100 on the volume. When this happens, there is also a volume indicator overlay on the screen as well. The volume can be lowered for just a fraction of a second then it starts raising again, almost like a stuck volume up key on a...
  4. audio volume not loud enough at max setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio volume not loud enough at max setting: audio volume not loud enough at max setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-not-loud-enough-at-max-setting/e1361385-67f1-4cf5-83a1-c6dce34847a6
  5. audio volume not loud enough at max setting

audio volume not loud enough at max setting: audio volume not loud enough at max setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-not-loud-enough-at-max-setting/e1361385-67f1-4cf5-83a1-c6dce34847a6
  6. On windows 11. Volume maxes out on the lowest volume setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On windows 11. Volume maxes out on the lowest volume setting: I have a dell XPs 15 9520. The speakers work but as soon as I raise the volume to 2, the lowest setting, it maxes out. So the volume is either maxed or completely off. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drive but no luck. Need some help....
  7. On windows 11. Volume maxes out on the lowest volume setting

On windows 11. Volume maxes out on the lowest volume setting: I have a dell XPs 15 9520. The speakers work but as soon as I raise the volume to 2, the lowest setting, it maxes out. So the volume is either maxed or completely off. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drive but no luck. Need some help....
  8. Volume stuck at max

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume stuck at max: I have not been able to control the volume of my AirPods when they are connected to my laptop. They are stuck in max volume and I've tried everything I can think of. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-stuck-at-max/cbe668cf-ae4b-4d8b-ab3f-3e4194b19f4c
  9. Volume either maxed or muted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume either maxed or muted: So I recently bought a new PC and when it's hooked up to my TV (via HDMI), when I adjust the volume even just by 2 the sound goes to max. What I'm trying to say is I can either have the sound off, or on 100% as the volume changing does nothing, it's either muted or maxed out....
  10. low max volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low max volume level: I tried FX Sound. The free version does not offer the ability to increase sound level and they say the window cannot be min i minimized. 104351