Windows 10: Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

Discus and support Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to set a notification sound for an application while running in the background? To put it simple, it's a game and everytime someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by duracell993, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

Is it possible to set a notification sound for an application while running in the background?
    To put it simple, it's a game and everytime someone sends me a text in-game, and the game is minimized, the only thing that happens is it lights up like this
    Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game) [​IMG]
    . So i would like to know if there is a way for whenever i get the orange notificatio in the taskbar to also get a sound notification?
    thanks

:)

duracell993, Nov 7, 2020

2. Custom Sound Notification not working.

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have turned on the custom notification under the settings.

This issue may arise when the sound notifications might not be turned on. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you have turned on the notification under the settings.

1. Open
    Settings, and click on the System icon.

2. Click on
    Notifications & actions on the left side.

3. On the right side under Notifications, move the
    Show app notifications slider to the right to turn it on.

4. If you like, you can now turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 7, 2020
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

appl notification sounds have stopped working

Hi

Thanks for posting!

To change notification sounds

• In the App list, tap Settings > Notifications + actions, then tap an app from the list.

• Tap Notification sound, and then do one of the following:
      • Tap Play to preview a sound, and then tap the name of the sound you want to use.
      • If you don’t want to hear a sound for a notification, tap None.
    Please visit sites below and make sure that all has been setup accordingly to steps provided and settings available;

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...-personalization/change-notification-settings

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...d-personalization/ringtones-sounds-and-volume

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...rsonalization/notifications-and-quick-actions

Kind Regards,

Karolina M, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

1. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game) - Similar Threads - Setting notification sound

2. How to set volume for notification sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set volume for notification sounds: I've set notifications ON for several apps. When one of them issues a notification, the volume is whatever I have the speaker volume set to at that time. For some apps, such as Windows Media Player, I may have the volume set quite loud. That high volume level is what the...
  3. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  4. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  5. Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound

Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound: I have windows 10 Pro version 20 H2 on a brand new Dell optiplex. I cannot get it to play my custom sound when Outlook client program receives a new email. I know this has been discussed on this and other forums, but I cannot find my answer on any forums. I have read through...
  6. Custom Notification Sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Notification Sounds not working: I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but pressing the test button or making it play by other means (i.e. removing or plugging in devices) doesn't make it play. The...
  7. My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10

My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10: Purchased a new Surface Pro 7 and as I always do with a new Windows device, I tried customizing my notification sounds. I selected my customized .wav audio files and saved my new custom sound scheme after testing each .wav file and they all work in testing. However, they do...
  8. Notification sounds while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds while playing game: While i am playing pubg and i am using my WASD keys to move around and such it is selecting different app shortcuts on my home screen freezing my game for a second and making a ding noise and is rather annoying sticky keys is not on and i have no idea how to fix it...
  9. Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps: I just installed the Windows 10 Instagram app. I like receiving notifications in Windows 10 when I get a Direct Message, but I do not like getting notifications when someone follows me. Is granular control over the type of push notifications displayed possible? 123111
  10. Custom sound set not syncing

Custom sound set not syncing: Hi, I like to use my own sound effects for Windows and keep them in My Documents. So I right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner and select sounds. Then find and select my own wav files for each event I'd like to use. If works for a while, but then...