Windows 10: Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

Discus and support Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. I keep trying to set this image as my wallpaper and it just sets it as the color black. Only happens with one image.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smuckerssssss, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

Basically what the title says. I keep trying to set this image as my wallpaper and it just sets it as the color black. Only happens with one image. I’ve restarted and nothing changes.

submitted by /u/smuckerssssss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smuckerssssss, Oct 29, 2020

2. change desktop background color

We suggest that you set the solid color first, and then change it back to the wallpaper image of your choice. Whatever solid color you choose will stay as is even after you've changed the background image to your preference.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Oct 29, 2020
  3. AshuCha Win User
    Unable to change background from solid color to picture or slideshow.

Hi,

I am trying to change my background wallpaper to the default Windows 10 wallpaper. However, this is not possible due to some reason and whenever I try to change it, it just immediately reverts to the solid color and therefore I am unable to change it. I
    can, though, change the solid color to a different color. I have viewed many solutions and have seen that they point out Windows wallpaper being disabled but that setting is enabled for me. I am not sure what is causing the problem so if anybody can help me
    that would be appreciated! Thank you for your help!

Regards,

AshuCha, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Jlw1111 Win User

Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting
    all the files in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes, but that didn't fix it even after a restart.

Does it have to do with the image itself? It is quite large at nearly 30 MB, but it's worked before. I'm thinking it might be the new Windows 10 update.

System:

Windows 10 Home

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Jlw1111, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

1. Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help? - Similar Threads - Setting particular image

2. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.: Whenever I try to start a game or something my screen flashes black then my background goes from a picture I set to a Solid blue color and I have to change it back. What could be the problem?...
  3. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.: Whenever I try to start a game or something my screen flashes black then my background goes from a picture I set to a Solid blue color and I have to change it back. What could be the problem?...
  4. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

8. Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]

Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]: Sorry for my english Hello! Recently I noticed that my desktop wallpaper changes itself to black marked as Windows 10 solid color Black wallpaper. First I thought it was a problem with my last wallpaper, which I had for months, so I changed it. After a few hours using my...
  9. Wallpaper turn in to solid color whenever i set it to a backgroud

Wallpaper turn in to solid color whenever i set it to a backgroud: Help it I tried copying the file but It doesn't work tried deleting the transcode wallpaper People suggested it in other forums please helps other wall paper are fine but mine is just like this sorry for the cover the 1st pic was the original wall paper and the second one is...
  10. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color": I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting all the files in...