Windows 10: Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

Discus and support Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. I keep trying to set this image as my wallpaper and it just sets it as the color black. Only happens with one image.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smuckerssssss, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

Basically what the title says. I keep trying to set this image as my wallpaper and it just sets it as the color black. Only happens with one image. I’ve restarted and nothing changes.

submitted by /u/smuckerssssss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smuckerssssss, Oct 29, 2020

2. change desktop background color

We suggest that you set the solid color first, and then change it back to the wallpaper image of your choice. Whatever solid color you choose will stay as is even after you've changed the background image to your preference.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Oct 29, 2020
  3. AshuCha Win User
    Unable to change background from solid color to picture or slideshow.

Hi,

I am trying to change my background wallpaper to the default Windows 10 wallpaper. However, this is not possible due to some reason and whenever I try to change it, it just immediately reverts to the solid color and therefore I am unable to change it. I
    can, though, change the solid color to a different color. I have viewed many solutions and have seen that they point out Windows wallpaper being disabled but that setting is enabled for me. I am not sure what is causing the problem so if anybody can help me
    that would be appreciated! Thank you for your help!

Regards,

AshuCha, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Jlw1111 Win User

Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting
    all the files in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes, but that didn't fix it even after a restart.

Does it have to do with the image itself? It is quite large at nearly 30 MB, but it's worked before. I'm thinking it might be the new Windows 10 update.

System:

Windows 10 Home

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Jlw1111, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

1. Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help? - Similar Threads - Setting particular image

2. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  3. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color": I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting all the files in...
  4. Wallpaper changing into old images help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper changing into old images help: whenever I finish playing games or restarting my background wallpaper changes into old picture or rock band pictures that I haven't installed in my pc I tried unsyncing and changing my wallpaper into solid colors and still it changes I need help submitted by /u/KaRL_aYaG...
  5. windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,: and also windows settings are really slow and laggy submitted by /u/Malik-_- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j36zte/windows_wont_let_me_change_my_wallpaper_it_keeps/
  6. In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture

In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture: In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture is there a way to change the background mode from registry i tried deleting TranscodedWallpaper and rebooting but it did not work i also tried using different theme from...
  7. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  8. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  9. Changing the background image in Windows 10 immediately reverts it to the solid color black

Changing the background image in Windows 10 immediately reverts it to the solid color black: This morning I was trying to boot my PC but it got stuck on the boot screen so I force quit it and booted again successfully. After I logged both my screens had the same background image (which was not the way I left it). Also, yesterday I installed the update KB4100347 which...
  10. Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper

Windows 10 will keep solid color desktop but not wallpaper: I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Whenever I choose and save the desktop wallpaper and restart my computer the desktop reverts to a solid color. If I choose only a different solid color desktop the setting are kept after I restart. I have tried...