Windows 10: Setting a pen on win10

Discus and support Setting a pen on win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello forum, I am trying to set a pen stylus with my windows10. Under control panel>hardware and sound>pen and touch>I dont have the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SwissExcel, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Setting a pen on win10

Hello forum,
    I am trying to set a pen stylus with my windows10.
    Under control panel>hardware and sound>pen and touch>I dont have the option to "change tablet pen setting".

Does it mean that my computer is unable to use pen (hardware issue) or does it mean that I need to update the system or install a driver

see attached screensnap.

:)

SwissExcel, Sep 5, 2017

2. How to adjust the stylus/pen writing width?

My question is not about calibration, but how to adjust the stylus/pen's writing width in WIN10. The stylus's width is fairly wide by default and causes a lot of transcription errors. A narrow 'ink' setting would fix these problems. I had the same issue
    in WIN7 and there was a setting to fix this (narrow the 'ink'). Where is this setting in WIN10? There is no 'ink' width setting in the Control Panel area for Pen Tablet settings that you describe.

I am using an HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 laptop with a Dell active stylus.

MatthewSteger, Sep 5, 2017
  3. hyyrkm Win User
    SP2 pen does not function after installing win10

I am using a surface pro 2, and the pen worked fine on win 8.1.

However, after I finished installing win10, surface does not recognize the pen any more.

Should I change some settings or install a driver?

hyyrkm, Sep 5, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

Setting a pen on win10

Hi, it should be easy:

Setting a pen on win10 [​IMG]

Gordon7, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Hi Gordon,
    Thanks for you answer. It should be easy, but it isnt. Have a look on my screenshot. I get different option than you do when choosing Pen and Touch on Control panel. Could it be that my computer is not supporting Pen ? (brand new computer, one of the most expensive on the market. .. doesnt make sense..)

SwissExcel, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Go to your system page and see if Pen is listed there:

theveterans, Sep 6, 2017
  7. Thank you theveterns for your answer.
    This is what is listed in my system page. It has touch support, but not pen support.

This means that my computer is NOT compatible with a pen . correct ?
    Is there any way I can go over it? install a driver or something update my computer?

SwissExcel, Sep 6, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

Setting a pen on win10

You have touch support, but not Pen.

spunk, Sep 8, 2017
  9. Gordon7 Win User
    @SwissExel - You will have to get a pen solution and connect to your PC.

There will be a driver you would have to install - then Windows 10 will do what is needed to give you pen support.

A very good solution could be from Wacom, here's link for dl. manuals (.pdf) for diff. Wacom models:

Wacom Europe GmbH - Customer Care - Brochures

Gordon7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Setting a pen on win10

1. Setting a pen on win10 - Similar Threads - Setting pen win10

2. "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out: Hi,I'm unable to click on the "Pen menu" in the taskbar settings.Device Information: Surface Book 3 with Windows 11Stylus: Surface Pro X PenPlease suggest a solution for this.Regards,Sahil Parmar...
  3. "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out: Hi,I'm unable to click on the "Pen menu" in the taskbar settings.Device Information: Surface Book 3 with Windows 11Stylus: Surface Pro X PenPlease suggest a solution for this.Regards,Sahil Parmar...
  4. Where are the Pen settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Pen settings?: Hi, I just purchased an HP Tilt Pen to use with my HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop. While the pen has paired with the laptop successfully the buttons work and the driver is installed, I can't seem to use the pen to draw or even tap on the touchscreen, and in part, I think that's...
  5. Where are the Pen settings?

Where are the Pen settings?: Hi, I just purchased an HP Tilt Pen to use with my HP ENVY 17-ce1xxx laptop. While the pen has paired with the laptop successfully the buttons work and the driver is installed, I can't seem to use the pen to draw or even tap on the touchscreen, and in part, I think that's...
  6. Surface Pen not showing in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pen not showing in Settings: I've connected the Surface Pen to my Surface Pro using bluetooth, and it's showing in the devices screen:...but when I try to change the settings, it's not showing all the options in the Pen and Windows Ink screen...Why is this, please?...
  7. pen set up on Ugee

pen set up on Ugee: when win 10 upgrades I lose the pen that I use for the 1910B tablet It usually takes 2 to 3 days to get it working again but this time it has been 4 days and nothing is working I have tried everything that I can think of and used before but this time I need help....
  8. Pen & Windows Ink settings missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen & Windows Ink settings missing: Hello! I've been having issues with configuring my settings. I have a Wacom One tablet and I've been trying to fix the pressure sensitivity since, I want to create high-quality artworks but can't do so. I've seen solutions but when I wanted to try them, I came across more...
  9. Not all pen settings displayed

Not all pen settings displayed: Hey, I have a battery-free pen and a plug and play graphics tablet and I'm unfortunately using windows 10. Because the pen isn't bluetooth connected to my computer, I don't have the option to change specific pen pressure settings. Under "Pen & Windows Ink," only the "Pen"...
  10. Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable

Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable: Hi, I'm a graphic designer so I use a wacom tablet. However, there are these additional settings that you used to be able to turn off. The pen flicks interefers with my workflow. Every time I use it in photoshop or illustrator, the round circle pops up and it preforms a...