Windows 10: Setting a persistent static IP address?

Discus and support Setting a persistent static IP address? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Backstory: My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/More_Coffee_Than_Man, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Setting a persistent static IP address?

Backstory:

My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music folder from around the house on my phone or laptop.

The IP on that computer was previously set to a static IP (192.168.1.100, or something similar). That made it easy to find it for setting up the network share and letting the Kodi remote app on my phone find the server.

Flash forward to a few weeks ago. I update my router's firmware and reboot, and for reasons still unclear to me, the network IP range assigned by the router decides to switch from 192.168.x.x to 10.x.x.x. Totally fucks up all the intranet stuff I had setup (and gives me a heart attack, because I was logging into the router admin console by directly hitting 192.168.1.1 and suddenly found that no longer worked--but I'm okay now).

To get the HTPC back on track, I looked online for advice, because it seems like the menu options from a guide I had previously followed no longer exist, and ended up turning off DHCP so that I could assign the static IP address. That was working fine until the Win10 box rebooted in order to apply updates: when it came back, it connected to the WiFi but had no internet access. The automatic troubleshooter insisted that I turn DHCP back on in order to fix it. Once I did, it could connect to the internet again, but now the IP is random.

Does anyone know the correct way for assigning a static IP that will survive a reboot? It's too much of a pain to maintain some of my network shares otherwise.

submitted by /u/More_Coffee_Than_Man
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/More_Coffee_Than_Man, Jan 16, 2020
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused Setting a persistent static IP address? :confused:

bencrutz, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Setting a persistent static IP address?

How to set static IP address in Windows 10

I have purchased several Win 10 machines recently and need them to keep the same IP addresses. I used to know how to set static IP addresses in Win 7, but cannot find the functionality in Win 10. What are the steps?

Thanks.

Chris Allen - Data Architect, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Setting a persistent static IP address?

1. Setting a persistent static IP address? - Similar Threads - Setting persistent static

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. How to define a functional static ip address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to define a functional static ip address?: Hello,At work, I wanted to connect to an Asus RT-N10 router. According to the manufacturer, the IP should have 192.168.1.1. Definitely none of us changed it However, it is set to have all connected devices have IP 192.168.100.X. it doesn't matter if the person is connected...
  4. How to define a functional static ip address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to define a functional static ip address?: Hello,At work, I wanted to connect to an Asus RT-N10 router. According to the manufacturer, the IP should have 192.168.1.1. Definitely none of us changed it However, it is set to have all connected devices have IP 192.168.100.X. it doesn't matter if the person is connected...
  5. How to define a functional static ip address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  7. Static IP settings for windows 10

Static IP settings for windows 10: Let me explain you my query : I've wifi adaptor which provides me wireless internet and uses dhcp to get ip. I've installed oracle in my windows 10 machine for which i need to use static ip address. Now when I ping my computer name it gives me IPV6 or DHCP ip adress...
  8. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  9. How to set a Static IP Address in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set a Static IP Address in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are experiencing trouble with your network connection and have it configured to DHCP then, figuring out your IP address can be quite a task. Using Static IP Address helps avert IP address conflicts between networked devices and enables [...] This post...
  10. setting static ip address on my home lan

setting static ip address on my home lan: I've decided to give all my home pc / network adapters a static ip. I've had a lot of issues with shared network resources and this was one of the recommendations So in my Billion 7800nxl i mapped my Network adapters IP address and Mac addresses. I then set my wifi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell set static ip windows persistent