Windows 10: Setting a PIN for my son's laptop

Discus and support Setting a PIN for my son's laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a laptop for my 12 year old son. I have a Microsoft account and I set him up as a family member. So that he doesn't need to type his password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EmmaGray4, Jan 16, 2022.

1. EmmaGray4 Win User

Setting a PIN for my son's laptop

I bought a laptop for my 12 year old son. I have a Microsoft account and I set him up as a family member. So that he doesn't need to type his password in every time he uses his laptop, I wanted to set up a PIN but it won't let me. A box keeps appearing saying his Microsoft account doesn't exist when it does?Any help at all would be appreciated!

:)

EmmaGray4, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 16, 2022
  3. stuartb04 Win User
    Laptop opinions for step son?

my mother in law just bought this lappy for my step son for b,day

Currys | Washing Machines, Laptops, TVs, Consoles

just wanna know what you guys think
    is it worth it

i personally think she has more money than sense..*Confused Setting a PIN for my son's laptop :confused:

spose its good for him
    but i wanna have a blast too..*Wink Setting a PIN for my son's laptop ;)

stuartb04, Jan 16, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

administrator change from me to my son on laptop I bought for him

If your son has an account on the laptop already:

• Go to Control Panel (Windows + X keys together and choose Control Panel from the resulting menu)
    • Select User Accounts - Manage Another Account
    • Select your son's account and set its type to Administrator
    • If you want to delete your own account, close Control Panel, log out, log in under your son's account, go to the same place in Control Panel, Manage Accounts and delete your old account

If your son does not have an account on the laptop:

• Go to Control Panel (Windows + X keys together and choose Control Panel from the resulting menu)
    • Select User Accounts - Manage Another Account - Add a new User in PC Settings
    • In Settings select 'Family and other People', then 'Add someone else to this PC'
    • Create a new account for your son, if you wan you can skip the step to enter your son's email address by clicking 'I don't have this persons Sign-in Information' - 'Add a User without a Microsoft Account'
    • Enter your Son's Name and Password if required, set account type as administrator
    • If you want to delete your own account, close Control Panel, log out, log in under your son's account, go to the same place in Control Panel, Manage Accounts and delete your old account

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Setting a PIN for my son's laptop - Similar Threads - Setting PIN son's

2. My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer reuse laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer reuse laptop.: My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer use laptop.We have tried to go into setting on his phone to change security settings but now just says pending on the laptop, any idea how we can get him back on his laptop?...
  3. My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer reuse laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer reuse laptop.: My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer use laptop.We have tried to go into setting on his phone to change security settings but now just says pending on the laptop, any idea how we can get him back on his laptop?...
  4. My son can't remember his pin number to log into laptop so can no longer reuse laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Setting a PIN for my son's laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a PIN for my son's laptop: I bought a laptop for my 12 year old son. I have a Microsoft account and I set him up as a family member. So that he doesn't need to type his password in every time he uses his laptop, I wanted to set up a PIN but it won't let me. A box keeps appearing saying his Microsoft...
  6. Setting a PIN for my son's laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a PIN for my son's laptop: I bought a laptop for my 12 year old son. I have a Microsoft account and I set him up as a family member. So that he doesn't need to type his password in every time he uses his laptop, I wanted to set up a PIN but it won't let me. A box keeps appearing saying his Microsoft...
  7. microsoft not sending pin verification code in time afer update now my sons laptop is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft not sending pin verification code in time afer update now my sons laptop is...: I recently updated my sons laptop, he's on a family account with me as admin. Logging back in, i got the message that the pins no longer worked and id have to get a code to activate. I followed the instructions and waited for the email which arrived 24hours later and had...
  8. microsoft not sending pin verification code in time afer update now my sons laptop is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft not sending pin verification code in time afer update now my sons laptop is...: I recently updated my sons laptop, he's on a family account with me as admin. Logging back in, i got the message that the pins no longer worked and id have to get a code to activate. I followed the instructions and waited for the email which arrived 24hours later and had...
  9. Laptop pin setting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop pin setting: I am. Unable to set pin for my new laptop. Getting error as something went wrong. We weren't able to setup your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later....
  10. MOVING MY LAPTOP TO MY SON WITH LICENCE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MOVING MY LAPTOP TO MY SON WITH LICENCE: I have three windows 10 licences in my e-mail. The laptops are being used by my son and daughter. I want to move the licences to their e-mail ids. Is there any way for that. thanks...