Windows 10: Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen

Discus and support Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought this laptop. When it arrived the seller had set the screen name as TEST. I want to change that. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ToddPrather, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen

I bought this laptop. When it arrived the seller had set the screen name as TEST. I want to change that. How do I do that?

:)

ToddPrather, Nov 20, 2019

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen

Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen

1. Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen - Similar Threads - Setting Account Change

2. Changing account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing account name: When one changes their account name in windows Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts ... isn't the name under "users" subfolder meant to change as well ?? This see image didn't work, nor can I simply rename the folder. Can anyone advise why this may be the case ?...
  3. Account name change

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  4. Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window: So i'm having a rather weird problem. I recently made a Microsoft account but when i switch from my Local account to the Microsoft account, in settings my email doesn't appear in the above left corner in the window just as my name appears on the local account. On the...
  5. Changing Account name

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Account name: This is my first post and hope it isn't my last one. My question is this. My wife gave me her Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. I want to change everything to my Windows account without losing any f the files on the computer. Is there a way of doing this without having to...
  6. Account name (change it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  7. A Way to Change Pc Name That Appears in Lock Screen And Settings>Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Way to Change Pc Name That Appears in Lock Screen And Settings>Account: Hi There, According to the Below Image That's I Attached it I have a problem with changing my pc name. now please guide me how can I do it? [ATTACH]...
  8. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  9. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen: Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page. Thanks...
  10. Changing account name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing account name: If I use control userpasswords2 to change the username on the account I'm logged into, will that screw things up? When I did a clean install of Windows 10, logging in with a Microsoft account, it didn't allow me to choose a username, it just used the first part of my...