Windows 10: Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

Discus and support Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cruiklaw, Oct 13, 2021.

1. cruiklaw Win User

Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension

:)

cruiklaw, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Anakunda Win User

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Oct 13, 2021
  3. thename Win User
    Firefox not showing up in default apps

Only because your list contained FF . Same list as in Default apps page. You did not have the problem that is treated in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I made my desired browser, missing from the list, go into the list by modifying registry entries according to those shown by Kolbicz in blog. You get credit for putting it to our attention.

thename, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

1. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps - Similar Threads - Setting app default

2. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  3. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  4. Zoom app doesn'tr show up in App list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Zoom app doesn'tr show up in App list: I just installed the Zoom Cloud Meeting app, but it doesn't show up in the App List. When I first tried to install the app, the system said I didn't have the authority to install it; I ran CryptoPrevent and set the protection to "Minimal" from "Maximum" and the app installed...
  5. Zoom app doesn'tr show up in App list

Zoom app doesn'tr show up in App list: I just installed the Zoom Cloud Meeting app, but it doesn't show up in the App List. When I first tried to install the app, the system said I didn't have the authority to install it; I ran CryptoPrevent and set the protection to "Minimal" from "Maximum" and the app installed...
  6. Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps

Setting an app for default when the app doesn't show up in the list of available apps: How do I force default for Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro Windows app for .pdf extension https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-an-app-for-default-when-the-app-doesnt/c9149348-bb36-4fe6-ae2b-0b9bcc0b2a0c
  7. trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to set default by app - but the app I installed is not in the list: Hi I have a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set the default by app; but the app i installed is not on the list. It is not a windows app but an app called Ring Central and I am trying to set it as the default app for phone which is what i am able to do on other machines but...
  8. Default app list doesn't appear

Default app list doesn't appear: I need to change my default pdf-reading. When I tried to bring up the "select app by file type" page, all I get is the header and nothing else? How do I fix it?...
  9. Default apps in settings is not on the list

Default apps in settings is not on the list: I have a relatively new acer aspire, bing has sneaked into being my default browser but I can't change it because there is no Default apps in settings, it's not on the list. What can I do?...
  10. FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!

FreeCad is not showing on the default App list!!: Hello, I am running Windows 10 and have just installed FreeCad for working on some .dwg files. The default app is set by the PC to paint.net which I would like to change to FreeCad. Have tried to change the app the files are opening in the following ways; 1. Via file...