Windows 10: Setting an app-specific time limit for myself

Discus and support Setting an app-specific time limit for myself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to spend less time in games and focus more on productivity, yet I do not want to uninstall those games. I simply want to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicholasKonrad, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Setting an app-specific time limit for myself

Hello all,

I am trying to spend less time in games and focus more on productivity, yet I do not want to uninstall those games. I simply want to set some setting that me the only user account on my laptop can have a specific app running for a limited time only.

I do not want to limit the my screen time for Windows, nor do I want to or can set up a kids account and control it through that. My games are installed for all users and there is no option in the installer for this.

I guess there must be a way to do this without any of those solutions, yet I only encountered those which is a little frustrating to me as even my smartphone has implemented just this feature and made it easily accessible. A free third-party program recommendation would also be appreciated.

Running Win10 Home

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas

:)

NicholasKonrad, Jan 15, 2021

2. Limit screen time use of a specific App

Hi - How does one limit the screen time limits to an App when this is being done for a specific person, and not for a Family? - HP.

Sir Rystic, Jan 15, 2021
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Setting an app-specific time limit for myself

Limit screen time use of a specific App

How does one limit screen time access to a specific Gaming App when there is only one user on a computer? I am doing this for my use, and don't have Family considerations.

Sir Rystic, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Setting an app-specific time limit for myself

1. Setting an app-specific time limit for myself - Similar Threads - Setting app specific

2. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  3. What software can I use to set a game time limit for myself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What software can I use to set a game time limit for myself?: Hi. I've noticed that I'm getting really distracted by games lately, while I should be studying. I find this a great waste of my time, but despite this I keep gaming when I should actually be studying. I am looking for software that could help me get rid of this bad habit....
  4. Cannot Edit Time Limit on Specific Apps

Cannot Edit Time Limit on Specific Apps: ****, I can't edit the limit on the Lunar app but I can on other apps. I choose edit time limit on the Lunar app and the browser refreshes but it does NOTHING. It doesn't even show me the existing time limit set on it, that section just doesn't come up for this app. Yet...
  5. Setting screen time limits

Setting screen time limits: Hello, Two questions : Can i use any device using my credentials, to set screen time limits on a separate child's device or should i only do so on the actual device itself? I want to set a daily 3.5 hour time limit on the child's device. Do i have to specify exactly...
  6. Screen time/app limits

Screen time/app limits: I have never set up app/screen time limits, suddenly I am being asked to give myself permission to use Chrome despite not having enabled this setting in my family group. Obviously I can give myself permission but it seems strange that this suddenly became an issue. Has...
  7. screen and app time limits

screen and app time limits: I keep getting a notification that I need a parent's I am the parentpermission for more time on Chrome but I have no time limits set on any device on my account. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. Limit screen time use of a specific App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit screen time use of a specific App: How does one limit screen time access to a specific Gaming App when there is only one user on a computer? I am doing this for my use, and don't have Family considerations....
  10. locking myself out of time settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    locking myself out of time settings: Background: Hi I'm using an app called cold turkey to block problematic distractions while I'm working but it doesn't work that well since it doesn't block myself from changing the time settings (i.e. I can circumvent a block by making it 'next year now'). The guy who wrote...