Windows 10: Setting animated image as Desktop Background

Discus and support Setting animated image as Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; sir, I want to set an animated background ***Original title: Desktop background***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by d50a5ea3-1208-4e04-ba06-3, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

sir,

I want to set an animated background

***Original title: Desktop background***

:)

d50a5ea3-1208-4e04-ba06-3, Sep 30, 2019

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Can we add animated Images to our Desktop background in Windows 10?

I'm wondering if Microsoft has allowed us to use Animated images as our Desktop background?

anyone know for certain? Or is there a third party software that is able to accommodate? - Mike C.

KeshetIsrael, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Setting animated image as Desktop Background

1. Setting animated image as Desktop Background - Similar Threads - Setting animated image

2. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  3. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  4. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting a OneDrive folder as the folder for Desktop Background images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting a OneDrive folder as the folder for Desktop Background images: Hi, As recommened by MS I store all my pcitures on OneDrive, with the images set as Online access only a blue cloud icon. I want to set my dekstop background to shuffle through the photos and change on an interval basis. When I link to my OneDrive Folder the usual way...
  6. How to set background image

How to set background image: Split from this thread. can anyone advise how to change home screen I want to personalize and put photo on unfortunately not that savvy lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-background-image/0a99c9fd-3a5a-43d6-8497-9f88b4651d49
  7. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  8. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  9. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  10. Saved image desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565