Windows 10: Setting Background For multiple monitors A bug in Windows or Just my Machine

Discus and support Setting Background For multiple monitors A bug in Windows or Just my Machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is really a crazy issue. I have 4 monitors and would like a separate background for each. I know how to do it under Windows personilazion but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenny AA, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Kenny AA Win User

Setting Background For multiple monitors A bug in Windows or Just my Machine

This is really a crazy issue. I have 4 monitors and would like a separate background for each. I know how to do it under Windows personilazion but when I right click to pick a monitor for some reason my selections are Monitor 1, Monitor 3, Monitor 4, Monitor 4, . That right no Monitor 2, and two Monitor 4. Does it matter that Monitor 2 is directly above monitor 4?

I tried to do it in the registry but cannot find the area where the backgrounds are save

All help appreciated.

:)

Kenny AA, Oct 27, 2019

2. How can I change the background image individually to 6 monitors in Windows 10.

Hi,

The option to customize desktop background for multiple display on Windows 10 is hidden on the modern interface of the display settings. To open the old interface to customize your desktop background, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key to open the run command window.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below to open the old Desktop Background
      interface window:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    • Under the Choose your desktop background option, right-click on the image that you wish to set on the desired monitor.
    • Select the Set for monitor 1 to set it on your 1st display.
    • Repeat the steps to set your background for other monitors.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 27, 2019
  3. ipooloo Win User
    Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Works perfectly thank you!

ipooloo, Oct 27, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Setting Background For multiple monitors A bug in Windows or Just my Machine [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Setting Background For multiple monitors A bug in Windows or Just my Machine [​IMG]

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting Background For multiple monitors A bug in Windows or Just my Machine - Similar Threads - Setting Background multiple

2. Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates: Hi, I run three monitors on my Windows 11 desktop PC, and all three have different images as their backgrounds. However, every single time my graphics drivers update whether from Windows Update or AMD Adrenaline; seems to make no difference and be triggered by either, all...
  3. Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates: Hi, I run three monitors on my Windows 11 desktop PC, and all three have different images as their backgrounds. However, every single time my graphics drivers update whether from Windows Update or AMD Adrenaline; seems to make no difference and be triggered by either, all...
  4. How to fix multiple monitor bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix multiple monitor bug?: Simply put, 3 monitors, all Samsung products. About 2 updates ago, my monitors have been having some weird occurrences where they main one will flicker off and switch to a different monitor with no reason and sometimes it will revert back on its own while other times, I need...
  5. How to fix multiple monitor bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix multiple monitor bug?: Simply put, 3 monitors, all Samsung products. About 2 updates ago, my monitors have been having some weird occurrences where they main one will flicker off and switch to a different monitor with no reason and sometimes it will revert back on its own while other times, I need...
  6. Multiple monitor desktop background help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple monitor desktop background help.: Hi, I was hoping somebody knows how to set this up. I have two curved monitors on my desk. And then I have another monitor and a sketch tablet on another desk facing a different direction, they are all hooked up to the same machine. So 4 displays total. The two curved...
  7. Multiple Monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitor backgrounds: Hi, Earlier today I encountered an issue. I had 2 different backgrounds set for my 2 monitors. I went to change 1 of them to an 8k image and I assume windows didn't like that as it changed both backgrounds to a solid black colour then froze the settings window. I couldn't...
  8. Background settings for multiple display setup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background settings for multiple display setup.: Hey! I have a very specific situation that I could not find the solution to online! I have two monitors and each has a different image, however, in order to display how I would like them they need different fit options (one tile, one center. For example) Is there any way to...
  9. Setting up multiple monitors

Setting up multiple monitors: Hello, can anyone help me to set up multiple monitors. I got the dual adapter and am able to see two screens, but I want them extended. When I hit the extend button from Windows key+P, nothing happens. When I detect monitors from settings it says its not finding one to...
  10. Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors

Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors: Hi, I'm using 2 monitors on the "Extend" mode, and I want to set for each screen a different background slideshow, each running independently instead of the same slideshow and each picture divided between the monitors. How can it be done? Thanks....