Windows 10: Setting bandwidth limit for devices...

Discus and support Setting bandwidth limit for devices... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There's 6 connections all wireless. My rig should consume the most but no, the roku stick is taking quite a bit. Yes, the simple answer is to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gettheclicker, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Setting bandwidth limit for devices...

There's 6 connections all wireless. My rig should consume the most but no, the roku stick is taking quite a bit.

Yes, the simple answer is to shut off whatever I'm not using, problem is there's a wife and a kid. Both have 2 devices on at all times. A smart phone and a roku stick. I have a tablet as well but I shut it off. Doesn't really help.

I want to limit the streaming devices to 6000 kbps and the phones to 3000.

The modem is a Motorola basically, a 300mbps $50 walmart modem. I also have a Linksys N600 router which I'm not using.

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 18, 2017

2. Win 10 updates and Network bandwidth.

Hi,

On weekdays I have very limited bandwidth but at weekends I have unlimited bandwidth.

Can I set Windows 10 to only download updates when it detects a high bandwidth link ? If so, how do I set my limited bandwidth connection so it knows it's limited. ?

Thanks,

Graham.

Graham Keen_50, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Delivery Optimization

Hi,

Delivery Optimization is a cloud-based downloader that helps you download Windows Updates, applications from the Store, etc. You can set its bandwidth limit but not the time. That could be the reason why it is still downloading even you set
    the time of the download.

Check this article
    to set the bandwidth limits for downloads.

Please update us on the outcome.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

Setting bandwidth limit for devices...

1. Setting bandwidth limit for devices... - Similar Threads - Setting bandwidth limit

2. Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization: Hello,I tried using Delivery Optimization Advanced Settings but could not see any effect on the download rate of Xbox Install queue.For example If I set if to [x] Absolute Bandwidth [x] Limit background: 1 Mbps [x] Limit foreground: 1 MbpsIt corresponds to about 4 MB/s during...
  3. Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit bandwidth in Delivery Optimization: Hello,I tried using Delivery Optimization Advanced Settings but could not see any effect on the download rate of Xbox Install queue.For example If I set if to [x] Absolute Bandwidth [x] Limit background: 1 Mbps [x] Limit foreground: 1 MbpsIt corresponds to about 4 MB/s during...
  4. Browsers bandwidth are limited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers bandwidth are limited: I am currently running Windows 11 latest update. it's been a while since I have had this issue. It's kind of weird but my browser's bandwidth is somehow limited. my internet speed is around 3 to 7 MB/S yes I know the byte and bit difference . but I only get about 200 to 350...
  5. Browsers bandwidth are limited

Browsers bandwidth are limited: I am currently running Windows 11 latest update. it's been a while since I have had this issue. It's kind of weird but my browser's bandwidth is somehow limited. my internet speed is around 3 to 7 MB/S yes I know the byte and bit difference . but I only get about 200 to 350...
  6. Limited wifi bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi bandwidth: I am always downloading games on the box app for PC, and my wifi speed is always so low. I'm using ethernet 90/90 mbs but downloads only use 10mbs sometimes 11. How do I fix this?...
  7. Limited wifi bandwidth

Limited wifi bandwidth: I am always downloading games on the box app for PC, and my wifi speed is always so low. I'm using ethernet 90/90 mbs but downloads only use 10mbs sometimes 11. How do I fix this?...
  8. DFSR Ignoring bandwidth limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFSR Ignoring bandwidth limits: HiWe're running Server 2019 with DFSR with two replication groups between two servers. Our internet connection is terrible. 80Mbps down, maybe 6Mbps up. As a result, I am wanting to limit the bandwidth DFSR uses during business hours. I initially set the connection schedule...
  9. Changing Upload Bandwidth Limit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Upload Bandwidth Limit: I have installed the latest version of Windows 10. The upload bandwidth limit is greyed and cannot be changed in Settings> Update & Security>Delivery Optimization>Advanced options.Is it possible to change the upload bandwidth limit?...
  10. Limited bandwidth for PC user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited bandwidth for PC user: I have home PC with Win10 with admin account and user accounts on the PC. A few days ago I have discovered that while admin has still full speed bandwidth Internet connection, PC user has very limited bandwidth. We have 10 Mbps Internet connection available for Admin, but...