Windows 10: setting computer name

Discus and support setting computer name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set the name for my new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bd4466, Dec 14, 2019.

1. bd4466 Win User

setting computer name

How do I set the name for my new computer?

:)

bd4466, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 14, 2019
  4. taward Win User

setting computer name

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

setting computer name

1. setting computer name - Similar Threads - setting computer name

2. Name of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name of computer: When I originally set up my laptop I logged in with my hotmail account. I have since created a business standard account and login to my outlook etc via the apps. The problem is the computer is still attached to the hotmail account. I wish to give the laptop to a new employee...
  3. Name of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name of computer: When I originally set up my laptop I logged in with my hotmail account. I have since created a business standard account and login to my outlook etc via the apps. The problem is the computer is still attached to the hotmail account. I wish to give the laptop to a new employee...
  4. Computer name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer name: I changed the computer name on my new Dell XPS and the computer now shows that as its name, however, the old name is still showing up as a network device. Of course when you click on it, you get a not found message. How do I get rid of this?...
  5. Naming Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Naming Computer: It's been awhile since I had to set up a new computer. There are two places to 'name your computer' one is in system properties in control panel. The other is in settings/system. Which one do I use? Do I have to do it in both places?...
  6. COMPUTER NAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER NAME: I changed my pc IP, DNS names to "mypurplelaptop" and now want to restore them to the original names but I don't know what they are supposed to be. Can someone walk me through this in detail?...
  7. Computer Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Name: I want to change the computer name on my PC. It is currently a name that was assigned when I installed Windows 10. I want to give it a different, more common name for use on my home network. My question is, if I change the computer name will that deactivate my Windows 10...
  8. COMPUTER NAME

COMPUTER NAME: HOW TO CHANGE IN WINDOWS 10, THE COMPUTER NAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-name/a16e131f-f451-4b3e-ace4-c52ba17afabe
  9. Computer name

Computer name: Is it dangerous to change the computers name after I have been using the computer for years? Will it have an effect on any aspect of the computers operation including apps, email, search engines, network connections, WIFI, internet access, computer performance, etc.? I...
  10. Computer name?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer name?: I just noticed when checking my router that my Windows 10 computer is named something like DESKTOP-XXXXXX, where X is a bunch of random letters and numbers. Then I remembered that unlike with Windows 8.x, setup (in the clean install sense) never asked me to enter a name for...