Windows 10: Setting crashes when i scroll?

Discus and support Setting crashes when i scroll? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I literally got a new PC from digital storm an hour ago. I plug it in play with the setting but everytime I use the scroll wheel the settings window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CapnKrieg, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Setting crashes when i scroll?

I literally got a new PC from digital storm an hour ago. I plug it in play with the setting but everytime I use the scroll wheel the settings window closes. There is no error it just closes. Upon testing I found that the setting app is the only place this is happening and if i click on the scroll bar and scroll that way it doesn't crash.

submitted by /u/CapnKrieg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CapnKrieg, Jul 6, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 6, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 6, 2020
  4. MegaMan Win User

Setting crashes when i scroll?

Constant Bluescreens/Crashes

I did that during the part where i set all the stuff to how LifeOnMars suggested

MegaMan, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Setting crashes when i scroll?

1. Setting crashes when i scroll? - Similar Threads - Setting crashes scroll

2. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  3. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  4. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list: So I was just checking out what the settings had to offer in Windows and came upon the optional features category, after clicking it and clicking the "view features" part on the right side, i had scrolled down and suddenly, the entire settings would crash.From what I've...
  6. Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list

Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list: So I was just checking out what the settings had to offer in Windows and came upon the optional features category, after clicking it and clicking the "view features" part on the right side, i had scrolled down and suddenly, the entire settings would crash.From what I've...
  7. scrolling in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling in settings: whenever i open settings it keeps scrolling down but its only in settings the vid of me trying to scroll up in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-in-settings/7db4c91c-4db8-4955-9077-5ffeff7a50e7
  8. scrolling in settings

scrolling in settings: whenever i open settings it keeps scrolling down but its only in settings the vid of me trying to scroll up in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-in-settings/7db4c91c-4db8-4955-9077-5ffeff7a50e7
  9. scrolling in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. File Explorer crashes when scrolling.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when scrolling.: When i right click any folder on the sidebar e.g. Quick Access folders and scroll down the explorer just crashes. When i right click on a quick access folder it crashes when i get to "unpin from quick access". When i right click a folder under "this pc", it crashes when i...