Windows 10: Setting Cursor In Java

Discus and support Setting Cursor In Java in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to work out the Windows Cursors. I've successfully matched the Registry values to the names given to the various cursor types in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Budfudder, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Budfudder Win User

Setting Cursor In Java

I've been trying to work out the Windows Cursors. I've successfully matched the Registry values to the names given to the various cursor types in the Mouse Properties dialog (the one accessed via the Control Panel).
    For example, what the Registry calls the 'AppStarting' cursor, the Mouse Properties dialog calls the 'Working In Background' cursor, and so on.
    Where I'm having trouble is using Java to set those cursors, because for many of them there doesn't appear to be a constant. In Cursor.java the various cursors are defined:
    publicstaticfinalint DEFAULT_CURSOR =0;
    publicstaticfinalint CROSSHAIR_CURSOR =1;
    publicstaticfinalint TEXT_CURSOR =2;
    publicstaticfinalint WAIT_CURSOR =3;
    publicstaticfinalint SW_RESIZE_CURSOR =4;
    publicstaticfinalint SE_RESIZE_CURSOR =5;
    publicstaticfinalint NW_RESIZE_CURSOR =6;
    publicstaticfinalint NE_RESIZE_CURSOR =7;
    publicstaticfinalint N_RESIZE_CURSOR =8;
    publicstaticfinalint S_RESIZE_CURSOR =9;
    publicstaticfinalint W_RESIZE_CURSOR =10;
    publicstaticfinalint E_RESIZE_CURSOR =11;
    publicstaticfinalint HAND_CURSOR =12;
    publicstaticfinalint MOVE_CURSOR =13;But, after some testing, there are several registry values to which none of them correspond. For example, the registry 'App Starting', 'Help', 'No', 'NWPen', 'Person', 'Pin' and 'UpArrow' entries have no corresponding definition (and they're not just the ints after 13; I got a violation when I used 14 as the value).
    More surprisingly, the registry 'Hand' value doesn't actually correspond to the HAND_CURSOR value. Setting a new cursor for the HAND_CURSOR definition doesn't change the value stored in the registry for the 'Hand' key.
    So how do I set, say, the AppStarting cursor value using Java?
    Info: Windows 10 64-bit jdk1.8.0_151

:)

Budfudder, Mar 5, 2018
  2. CAB2049 Win User

Win. 10 cursor keeps spinning. Then freezes.

I boot up in Win. 10 and everything comes up, but then the cursor starts spinning and stops. It continues to do this until if freezes. I got an error message: Java Web Start 11.65.2.17-fcs Error encountered while invoking Java Web Start (Sys Exec)
    C:\\Program files (x86)\Java\Jre 1.8.0-65\bin\Javaws.exe. So, it seems I can't get passed this into anything on my desktop. How do I boot in safe mode or restore, since I can't start anything. I'm no sure if Java is the culprit or not. Or, is my hard drive
    failing?

CAB2049, Mar 5, 2018
  3. java settings

Java settings? What do you mean by that? Whats your phone model? For s40, Asha and s30 phones, it has an inbuilt java system.

Stephenmuroki, Mar 5, 2018
Thema:

Setting Cursor In Java

1. Setting Cursor In Java - Similar Threads - Setting Cursor Java

2. Java

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java: Goal: Install Java Programs to allow compiling, testing and packaging Java apps for Android tablets.Problem: I don't know where to begin, i.e. what programs do I need to install on my Windows 10 PC...
  3. Java, or Not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java, or Not: I have Java 6 on my system. Years ago I updated to the latest version, and something went wrong (no remembrance of what that was). I went back to the version I just left (6), and that solved the problem. I've had it ever since. I'm not technical, know nothing about Java other...
  4. JAVA

JAVA: Is JRE installed on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java/33325673-f4e9-41a0-abe7-6627896cafc7
  5. Set cursor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set cursor?: Wanted to ask if you can move the cursor from a game like Assasins Creed Syndicate can somehow get? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/cursor-einstellen
  6. Windows 10 cursor settings

Windows 10 cursor settings: Sometimes when I press a key or a combination of keys my cursor gets pulled to the middle of the screen and everytime I move my mouse the cursor just gets pulled back so I have to restart my computer to make it normal again. Is there any setting that can disable this useless...
  7. Windows 10 settings Settings cursor stuck at bottom...

Windows 10 settings Settings cursor stuck at bottom...: Hi, I'm trying to figure out a fix... When I try and do anything in the settings including choose my wifi the selection moves directly to the bottom of the list and will not stay on any selections above the bottom one. It will start to move but immediately snap back to the...
  8. Java

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Java: So I have has a problem with downloading java. No matter what I do I keep getting an error that says Error:1601 I have tried to go through as many "Fixes" as possible, but nothing is working. If it helps, I am trying to downloading a 64 bit version of java. Thank you....
  9. cursor setting in one by wacom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor setting in one by wacom: how to change cursor size in Wacom one by https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-setting-in-one-by-wacom/7f3dccd7-2856-4604-8ec3-8dcf808c5c4e
  10. Java

Java: I am trying to uninstall Java 6 update. I have uninstalled it in programs and features, and in CCleaner, and although both say uninstall complete, it is still showing in program list. Any advice on how to remove it would be appreciated. Thanks 26175