Windows 10: Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file

Discus and support Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i am trying to customize a folder but when i go to set this .ico i have it seems it is looking for a file that has icons stored in it and i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by the_real_Mr.G, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file

so i am trying to customize a folder but when i go to set this .ico i have it seems it is looking for a file that has icons stored in it and i am unable to customize it. Please help.

:)

the_real_Mr.G, Aug 28, 2019

2. Permanent Custom Folder Icons

As the title suggests, I would like to know if custom folder icons can be made permanent in Windows 10. Like, I have changed a folder icon with my own .ico file placed in drive C. Now I move it to say drive D, or copy it to an external drive or send it
    via email, I would like it to show the same folder icon that I changed from the default one to. I have found older posts when searching the internet but they are all for Windows 7 or 8. I would like to know if this can be done in Windows 10.

Mohandas Murmu, Aug 28, 2019
  3. how to set a permanent custom folder icon in windows 10?

in earlier version of windows, i can set the custom folder icon to permanent by editing the "desktop.ini" file, with simply erase some part of the icon file address into
    iconresource="icon name".ico,0. it works in win 7, 8, and 8.1. now i use windows 10, i can apply a custom folder icon, but it will revert to default folder icon if i copy or move the folder to another place. i don't like this, you can say, i HATE this
    side of windows 10. tell me! how to make it permanent?

Muhammad IsfanTauhid, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Mr McC Win User

Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file :confused:

Mr McC, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file

1. Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file - Similar Threads - Setting custom icons

2. Custom ICO folder icons DON'T WORK Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom ICO folder icons DON'T WORK Windows 11: I'm trying to set custom icons to folders on my PC. This is how I've been doing it:random folder > properties > customize > change icon > browseand then I select one of the ICO images I saved on a very specific folder that I created contained within the "pictures" windows...
  3. Custom ICO folder icons DON'T WORK Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom ICO folder icons DON'T WORK Windows 11: I'm trying to set custom icons to folders on my PC. This is how I've been doing it:random folder > properties > customize > change icon > browseand then I select one of the ICO images I saved on a very specific folder that I created contained within the "pictures" windows...
  4. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  5. Customize folder icon

Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  6. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files: Hello,I have been researching about this for a whole day and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm using windows 10. My folders can easily be changed from the default and then to my custom .ico files before. But then I installed a Windows 11 skinpack, but then decided to...
  7. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files: Hello,I have been researching about this for a whole day and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm using windows 10. My folders can easily be changed from the default and then to my custom .ico files before. But then I installed a Windows 11 skinpack, but then decided to...
  8. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

9. Cannot resize .ico files for shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot resize .ico files for shortcut icons: I'm having trouble trying to standardize the sizes of my shortcut icons in Windows 10. I'm not referring to making the icons smaller or larger, as shown here:I am trying to make the actual .ico file take up the full size of the shortcut square, as shown here:Note how...
  10. My Custom .ico Files Are Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Custom .ico Files Are Not Working: Hi there! I customised a .ico file and it doesn't work at all. When I apply it it says that there is no icon which is weird as i designed an icon with Adobe Illustrator and saved it as .ico directory or do i need to change it into .dll? Please help me. Thanks in advance!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. custom icons for network microsoft folders